Horizon Star Trek Mod

Started by bbmike, August 20, 2014, 04:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

I just posted version 0.1 of my Star Trek Mod over at the Horizon forums. It's only v0.1 because so far I only have the Federation in the game. I was having so much fun playing as the UFP that I thought I would go ahead and post it so others try it.  :)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a ship to tend to. Au revoir!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Congrats on the early release of your mod. Looks outstanding and actually makes the game look enticing!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ian C

Nice. Will look forward to playing.

Anguille

Excellent! Looks nice....

So where's Martok?  ;)

Martok

I look forward to trying this out, although goodness knows when I'll find time in the near future (I'll be gone these next two weekends).  Very cool, bbmike.  8) 

Quote from: Anguille on August 20, 2014, 04:35:50 PM
So where's Martok?  ;)

...Already drowning under a plethora of fun strategy games.  It's an embarrassment of riches, I tell you.  :D 

Gah!  There's just not enough hours in the day, and/or days in the week! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Cougar_DK

Its possible to buy Horizont from the humble store with a discount: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/horizon_storefront

Worth it?
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Boggit

Nice looking mod. How far are you planning to take it? 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bbmike

Quote from: Boggit on August 30, 2014, 08:20:50 AM
Nice looking mod. How far are you planning to take it? 8)

I hope to create Star Trek races for each Horizon race so hopefully a full graphics mod. It would be nice to change more of the game than that but I'm not sure what all the developers will give access to.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Arise, old thread!  >:D
I've finally finished version 1.0 of my Star Trek mod for Horizon. Check it out and download over at the L3O forums. You can post feedback here if you prefer.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Anguille

spelk

Good stuff! Kudos for putting the effort in!

bbmike

Thanks! It did end up being a lot more work than I thought. I learned a lot about sprite creation, alpha transparencies, file inheritance, etc. Hopefully good experience for whatever I decide to mod next.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak