2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Glad that's the case.  Cuz you're not going to like what I say next...Falcons win the Super Bowl.  Just sayin'.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on January 22, 2017, 09:38:09 PM
Glad that's the case.  Cuz you're not going to like what I say next...Falcons win the Super Bowl.  Just sayin'.

I'll take my chances
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

I'm torn.

On the one hand, I'd love to see a new team win the title.

On the other hand, MAN do I want Goodell to be stuck handing the trophy to the Patriots. And man do I hope that if it should happen, they'd send Brady up to get it from him instead of Kraft.  ;D

MetalDog

If life was fair, that's EXACTLY how that would happen!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

I'm rooting for the Pats for two reasons. One, I appreciate excellence and the Pats haven't been on top for so long because they're cheaters or they're lucky. They work harder than anyone else in football and the Pats don't tolerate fools easily. Belichick is better than anyone in the league at getting the most out of the players he has, no one works harder than Brady and neither Belichick nor Brady will accept less than maximum effort from themselves or their teammates. If the Pats win another Super Bowl, it's going to be hard for anyone to make a rational argument against both of them being the GOAT of their professions.

But all that aside....what Dawg and Artic Blast said. Goodell needs to eat some humble pie right before he's shown the door and man, I'd die to see Goodell reach out to shake Brady's hand and Brady look at him like he has sh*t on his upper lip. Deflategate turned me off from the NFL all season, seeing a little Patriot justice would feel good after this circus of a year.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

F*ck the Patriots. I hope they get their asses handed to them by the Falcons. So sick of hearing about the Pats and Tom Brady. They should have gone away in the first round of the playoffs...but they played the Texans, which is sort of like an NFL team playing a Pop Warner team.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Your choice is either to be a Texans fan or a Cowboys fan.

How bitter would you be?  :))

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 06:47:45 AM
Your choice is either to be a Texans fan or a Cowboys fan.

How bitter would you be?  :))

I'd have to start watching soccer  :pullhair:

BanzaiCat

Hell, I'd rather watch hockey than a Texans game.

bayonetbrant

I want the Pats to win just so Goddess has to hand Brady a trophy.

After that, the Pats can fall apart and I'm OK with it.

check that - I'd be OK w/ the Pats getting Brady / Garrapolo hurt, and having Brissette come in and save the day :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 07:01:48 AM
Hell, I'd rather watch hockey than a Texans game.

Even the Stars aren't so good this year.

OJsDad

2017 HoF class.

Morten Andersen, PK   Saints (1982-94); Falcons (1995-2000, 2006-07);
Giants (2001); Chiefs (2002-03); Vikings (2004)
Terrell Davis, RB   Broncos (1995-2001)
Kenny Easley, S   Seahawks (1981-87)
Jerry Jones, owner   Cowboys (1989-present)
Jason Taylor, DE   Dolphins (1997-2007, '09); Redskins ('08); Jets ('10)
LaDainian Tomlinson, RB   Chargers (2001-09; Jets (2010-11)
Kurt Warner, QB   Rams (1998-2003); Giants (2004
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Yeah, saw that.  Not a fan of TD making it, or Kurt Warner.  3-4 excellent seasons surrounded by injuries and/or mediocrity shouldn't cut it.