The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Cyrano on March 20, 2018, 12:02:16 PM
GOG has the rest of the CC series up and out now -- except one which, I gather, is buggered for anything after Win8.

https://www.gog.com/game/close_combat_cross_of_iron

I'm calling releasing CoI after III a bit of a dink move as, frankly, you hardly need III if you've got CoI.  Still, happy to have them back.

I think they are way over-priced...even sharply discounted. $19.99 for Cross of Iron or Modern Tactics, and that's with a 50% discount?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Greybriar

Not only that, but as far as I know--just as with the Matrix-Slitherine games sold on Steam--there is no way to register it with Matrix or Slitherine. Which may or may not be a bad thing, but it bothers me. :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Cyrano

I missed the CoI price point.

That is excessive.

I realize it's the better game, but it's interesting that it's more expensive than Panthers in the Fog which is a good deal newer.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

This is the same kind of pricing that keeps me out of trying Call of Duty for $20. The original CoD. Even "on sale" at 50% off that's still ten bucks. Arguably for a great game, but damn, it's what, 15 years old now?

I recently found my old CoD disk and happily installed it, but it wouldn't work. Maybe that's part of the catch of the price, making it work on Windows 10. Making anything work on Windows 10 might be worth ten bucks.

Barthheart

F1 2015 free right now at Humble!

Tpek

Quote from: Barthheart on March 22, 2018, 12:58:09 PM
F1 2015 free right now at Humble!

Thanks for the heads up! (even though this game looks really boring)

Philippe

Free if you're willing to link your Humble account to your Steam account, which I'm not.

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Greybriar on March 21, 2018, 09:35:05 AM
Not only that, but as far as I know--just as with the Matrix-Slitherine games sold on Steam--there is no way to register it with Matrix or Slitherine. Which may or may not be a bad thing, but it bothers me. :-\

I'm pretty sure every Matrixitherine game I've bought on Steam has been registered (to Slitherine at least).  ???

Edited to add: since most of my Matrix games, almost all of them, were bought on Matrix first, now I'm trying to remember if I've ever bought any of them on Steam first...!  :crazy2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Labbug

Sale of Ubisoft games this weekend just started on Steam.

WallysWorld

F1 2015 is free (the other F1's are also on sale) at Humble Bundle.

F1 2015 for free
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Tpek

Quote from: WallysWorld on March 23, 2018, 04:23:35 PM

F1 2015 for free

Already posted by Barthheart just a few posts above yours :P

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=3624.msg602431#msg602431

Greybriar

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 23, 2018, 07:44:22 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on March 21, 2018, 09:35:05 AM

I'm pretty sure every Matrixitherine game I've bought on Steam has been registered (to Slitherine at least).  ???

Edited to add: since most of my Matrix games, almost all of them, were bought on Matrix first, now I'm trying to remember if I've ever bought any of them on Steam first...!  :crazy2:

Exactly. I have purchased games from Matrix and registered some--but not all!--of them on Steam. But I have been unable to purchase any Matrix/Slitherine games from Steam and register them with Matrix or Slitherine.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

WallysWorld

Quote from: Tpek on March 23, 2018, 06:34:42 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on March 23, 2018, 04:23:35 PM
F1 2015 for free
Already posted by Barthheart just a few posts above yours :P
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=3624.msg602431#msg602431
Rats! I guess I should look more before posting.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JasonPratt

Quote from: Greybriar on March 23, 2018, 08:08:49 PM
Exactly. I have purchased games from Matrix and registered some--but not all!--of them on Steam. But I have been unable to purchase any Matrix/Slitherine games from Steam and register them with Matrix or Slitherine.

Dangit, now I feel like I need to buy a new game on Steam in order to test this for myself...

:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Sounds like as good an excuse as any to buy a new game.   O0   Maybe you should try it twice.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.