GMT's New P500s

Started by Nefaro, November 19, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on December 08, 2016, 01:20:07 AM
They announced Red Storm today...I promptly got it, even though its not a solo game and I have no one to play against. But 1980s air war over Germany, just take my money now. Then I noticed a Falling Sky Expansion was on P500 too, so I got that as well.

Ummmmm....

did you miss my original post for this thread, Kushan?     :crazy2:

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on December 08, 2016, 11:54:49 AM
They announced Red Storm today...I promptly got it, even though its not a solo game and I have no one to play against. But 1980s air war over Germany, just take my money now. Then I noticed a Falling Sky Expansion was on P500 too, so I got that as well.

Ummmmm....

Oops. That would have required me to go all the way back to page 1, I only went back to page 2.  ::)
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on December 08, 2016, 12:47:57 PM

Ummmmm....

Oops. That would have required me to go all the way back to page 1, I only went back to page 2.  ::)

;D

No blood no foul.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on December 08, 2016, 11:51:53 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 08, 2016, 05:59:48 AM

I need to replace my Cataphract!  But you know, what is odd about that game (or maybe its just my copy which was apparently sat upon by Canadians in its youth long ago) is the amount of extra stuff in the game that you need some other game to play.  And then there's that strategic-level in-game addeddum and what not.  They should really redo all those Great Battles games to be more like Chariots of Fire and/or Hoplite.  Which reminds me that there is some Dutch company bringing out some medieval games (one even covers Tincherbray 1106!  Thats 1106 AD not am).
    Okay.  Get out there and get close to Nature....

Vae Victis has a beautiful medieval battle series I've been gravitating to.

I picked up The Lion And the Sword awhile back.

Unfortunately, they're sold in folio format.  Not too punishing on your wallet for getting one with a couple battles in it.  But this format is expensive if you want more battles in the long run.  Plus storage is an issue.  I'd rather have more battles in a single box; saving on all the extra packaging costs inherent with doling them out bit by bit.

Yep.  I got  Bouvines and Worringen from that series.  Richard in Cyprus sounds good too.

Pinetree

Quote from: Nefaro on December 08, 2016, 05:20:51 PM
Quote from: Kushan on December 08, 2016, 12:47:57 PM

Ummmmm....

;D

No blood no foul.

There is a definite aversion to first pages around here.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

mirth

Just got this in an email:

QuoteHi everyone!

This note is to inform and update all of our European customers about the details of the Euro-friendly P500 option that we have been testing with our friends at Second Chance Games in the UK. After months of testing the process, we are now ready to give you official details of how this will work for your P500 orders as we move forward in 2017. Here are the key points:

You are eligible to use this Euro-friendly P500 shipping option if your delivery address for P500 orders is anywhere in Europe, including Eastern Europe and Russia. (but see #6 for note to non-EU countries)

This program is for P500 orders ONLY. Because it is a bulk processing agreement, we do not currently have the the ability to use it for individual non-P500 orders. When we bring our new system online sometime in January, it will include a fast-ship Euro-friendly option for all other orders.

Beginning with 2017 P500 shipments, (and hopefully coinciding with our new systems being up and running) you'll need to choose a new shipping option when you make your P500 orders. Choose the "Euro Friendly P500 Orders via SCG -VAT PREPAID to EU" shipping option. If you have existing P500 orders that are scheduled to ship in 2017 or later, please go into your account and update those orders with the new Euro-friendly shipping option. (We can't do this by batch for you guys because we have no way of knowing who will choose to use this option). It is especially urgent that you update your shipping type if you have a P500 order for FIELDS OF DESPAIR, which may well ship in January before our new systems are in place.

Note that European shipments using any other shipping type besides this one will be subject to normal VAT and delivery charges when they get to you, as always.

Note that this Euro friendly option will cost you more - roughly $7-12 -  than our previous surface shipping would have, but all shipping, delivery, and VAT charges to EU countries are prepaid by us. What you pay when we charge a game will be your final landed charge. When you consider what VAT alone would be on a $70 game + shipping, we think this option will save quite a lot for you EU customers overall (with essentially a VAT discount where we are paying part of it and the removal of those annoying delivery charges).

For European customers who do not live in an EU country: You ARE still eligible to use this shipping option. Your game will ship from the UK, not the US, so it's likely this will save you on delivery charges - and perhaps Customs and VAT charges. But we can't at this time guarantee any of those savings for any country outside the EU because local laws vary from country to country. So please verify your country's rules and policies regarding VAT and Customs incoming from the UK before you choose this P500 shipping option so you'll know whether you're likely to incur any additional VAT/Customs charges.

We will provide a reminder note to update your account as well as details on our individual (non-P500) order fast shipping option as we approach our new systems launch in January.

I hope this information is helpful, and that this new Euro-friendly option will make P500 ordering easier and less costly for each of you.

Enjoy the games!

Gene

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

That sounds like good news. I'll have to check that out. I think Bob mentioned to me before about Second Chance Games
Alba gu' brath

OJsDad

Red Storm sounds interesting.  Any chance they take an Amazon gift card?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

Actually, when I was on the shuttle bus coming to the airport, I was looking on my phone and didn't see it.  But now that I'm at the airport, and able to look around Amazon on my laptop, they have a lot of GMT games, with Prime shipping.  Just not seeing Red Storm yet. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on December 09, 2016, 11:22:55 AM
Just got this in an email:

Saw that.  Good on GMT, reducing the extensive costs of shipping P500s over to European customers.

It's also really sad that all those extra costs are from extra "VAT" taxes and trade protections in Europe.   A revolt against runaway taxation, every once in awhile, can be a good thing.   

"Value Added Tax".  Pfff.  I think some politicians were having a piss at you Euro Plebs, calling it a name like that.  So glad we don't have that VAT nonsense here.  Tar & feathering territory.

Nefaro

GMT's P500 release schedule updated today.

Looks like they're lowering the load a bit over the next few months.  Also said they hope to have their yearly sale once they get their new shipping system in place.. which is unknown.

Games with a ** following their entry are currently at the printer (we're a little more certain about scheduling on these).

-------------------

Shipping Now
Churchill 2nd Printing
Fields of Despair
Liberty or Death Reprint

February, 2017
Simple GBoH 2nd Edition **

March, 2017
Pericles **

April, 2017

Genesis Mounted Map**
Manoeuvre: Distant Lands**
Time of Crisis**

May, 2017
1960: The Making of the President (GMT Edition)
Fields of Fire (2nd Edition)
Illusions of Glory
Next War Supplement #1
Unconditional Surrender 2nd Printing
Unconditional Surrender Mounted Map Set

June, 2017
American Revolution Tri Pack
Brandywine Reprint
Colonial Twilight

July, 2017
Arquebus: Men of Iron Volume 4
Enemy Coast Ahead: The Doolittle Raid
Talon Reprint
Wild Blue Yonder

Remainder of 3Q, 2017
At Any Cost
Here I Stand 3rd Printing
Hitler's Reich
Holland '44
Invierno Cubano
No Retreat 3: France & Poland
Space Empires 4X Third Printing
Space Empires: Replicators

4Q, 2017
BAOR: MBT Expansion
Cataclysm
Commands & Colors: Medieval
Fields of Fire Volume II  - With the Old Breed
FRG: MBT Expansion
Imperial Struggle
Mr. President
Next War: Poland   
Pendragon
Skies Above the Reich
The Dark Sands
Welcome to Centerville

Pinetree

Quote from: Nefaro on January 25, 2017, 06:45:14 PM

May, 2017
Fields of Fire (2nd Edition)

I cannot wait for this. One of my Grail games.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."