How do you like this?

Started by Greybriar, November 14, 2016, 01:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I don't like it, not one bit.
It's a typical penis-size self-esteem deficiency disorder behaviour.
Dissapointed in you, man. I thought you could show some restraint. :D :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Greybriar

You are green with envy aren't you, Yskonyn? Eat your heart out. ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Yskonyn

Yes man I am.  ;D
Enjoy that awesome rig!

Seriously though; does that 1000W PSU scale its power drawor is it 1000W all the time when its on?
I am running 550 W with a GTX1080 and it runs fine and stable.
You get ready for the electricity bill! :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Greybriar

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 04, 2016, 04:53:01 PM
....Seriously though; does that 1000W PSU scale its power drawor is it 1000W all the time when its on?....

I don't know. From the description on the Falcon Northwest site

"SilverStoneĀ® 1000 Watt Modular Power Supply

Built to Falcon Northwest's specifications by SilverStone, this 1000w PSU is a highly efficient power supply (80-Plus certified) that has proven extremely reliable and is packed with features. Its 100% modular design cable system allows us to install only the power cables your components need, keeping wiring clutter down.  The PSU uses a huge 135mm fan which allows for better cooling with lower noise.  You may never have to think about your power supply, but rest assured Falcon has engineered it that way.

Features:
- Dual +12V rails with continuous 70A combined output
- 100% modular cables
- Supports dual PCI-E 8 pin connectors & six PCI-E 6 pin connectors
- Silent running 135mm fan
- Support for ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V
- Active PFC
- Efficiency greater than 85% (80-Plus Certified)"

What do you think?

But if worse comes to worse, I'll pay the higher electricity bill. :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Yskonyn

I would say its max output only and runs lower when demand allows.

Greybriar