Running thread: Quality Long-form Journalism

Started by bayonetbrant, October 19, 2015, 09:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

I've had a really good time the last few days during finals just exploring what's out there on Medium.  There are some great recommendations on their front page, and exploring some topics have yielded some excellent off-the-beaten-path articles I never would have otherwise touched.

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

this is an example of the fascinating stuff I've stumbled across on Medium

I find it well-written, vulnerable, engaging, and thoughtful
I never would've tried to find something like this
I'm not really sure how I feel about it all, but it's making me think, so that's not a bad thing
It's clearly relevant to my state at the moment, so there's that
The debate in the comment section is, sadly, not unlike other comment sections elsewhere

https://medium.com/@jencoates/i-am-a-transwoman-i-am-in-the-closet-i-am-not-coming-out-4c2dd1907e42#.3wzvdagi0

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant