DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 05, 2018, 09:56:13 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 05, 2018, 09:44:36 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 05, 2018, 08:47:41 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 05, 2018, 08:28:08 AM
well...it wasn't that then...or it was "time limited" in that I gave up because it couldn't pick up my accent   ;D

There is a 73 page thread on the software in the DCS forums and there is a very diverse group of users with all different accents. This is another aspect of the program that involves trial and error, but so far for me its working very well. Its a lot of fun to key the mic, speak, and get a response. There is also a plugin called Chatterer that adds random radio comms, further boosting immersion. For VR, at least, voice attack is going to be indispensable.

I think like trackIR, its the kind of thing that once you start using it, there is no going back to the old way.
Yep. When it worked for me, it was sweet. I used it on Elite but had random results sometimes.

I'll get back to it and be a bit more tenacious this time. It's very cheap too...though I thought it cost considerably more at full price than £9 (when I looked initially).

Don't forget...in addition to Voice Attack, you also need to get the VAICOM plug-in. The PRO version costs a few bucks, but it is absolutely worth it. If you are going to use Voice Attack for DCS, VAICOM is a must have.
Thanks  O0
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

I haven't used Voice Attack for DCS, but I have for Arma 3, Steel Beasts and Elite.
The latter with a voicepack mentioned above is just plain awesome.
If you train the voice recognition engine (MS Speech) for a few days it should work flawlessly even with heavy accents (like I have with my Dutchinglish)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Yes. I need to do some more training. Often times when saying, "chief", it thinks I'm saying, "cheese"... :uglystupid2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

The Conway Syndrome.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Pete Dero

well...it wasn't that then...or it was "time limited" in that I gave up because it couldn't pick up my accent   ;D

Found this good tutorial made in 2015 and back then the trial was time limited and lasted only 21 days.

In the video you might notice the guy has a slight, barely noticable accent  >:D and it works fine for him.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 06, 2018, 03:39:44 AM

Found this good tutorial made in 2015 and back then the trial was time limited and lasted only 21 days.

In the video you might notice the guy has a slight, barely noticable accent  >:D and it works fine for him.

:notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

^ That is pretty cool. Needs some setup and understanding - but looks impressive
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

I gave up because it couldn't pick up my accent   ;D

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 06, 2018, 08:33:26 AM
I gave up because it couldn't pick up my accent   ;D

:2funny:

Those accursed "voice recognition" PoS'es don't recognize some American accents either.

I can verify they don't understand much hillbilly-speak.  Every damn time they ask for something, those electronic mindfvckers only accept one answer in order to just keep me repeating the next one over & over until it gives up and finally sends me to what is, supposedly, a real person.  :tickedoff:

Grim.Reaper

Saw this announcement today, seems like another module similar to Flaming Cliffs?  Not sure what are all the differences between the modules and this, although I suspect catering to the lighter sim audience?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter13072018-x1dimdmo5yfk1de5ktp5s9c7h46rh0vk.html

Modern Air Combat by Eagle Dynamics Coming this Autumn!
Developed by the same studio that brought you the wildly successful Lock On, Modern Air Combat (MAC) brings you one game with 14 unique combat aircraft to own the sky! MAC aircraft include:

F-15C Eagle. US air superiority fighter with 104 kills to 0 losses record.
Su-27 Flanker B. Russia's dominate heavy air superiority fighter.
Su-33 Flanker D. The Russian navy's carrier capable version of the Flanker B.
Flanker B+. The Chinese version of the Flanker B, with R77 active homing missiles.
MiG-29 Fulcrum A. Russia's widely exported light air superiority fighter.
MiG-29S Fulcrum C. The modernised version of the Fulcrum with latest weapons and defences.
A-10A Warthog. The USAF's massively successful 'flying tank', designed to kill ground targets.
Su-25A Frogfoot. Russia's primary ground attack and close air support jet.
Su-25T Frogfoot. A modernised version of the Frogfoot with enhanced sensors and weapons.
F-86F Sabre. America's iconic top fighter during the Korean War.
MiG-15bis Fagot. Russia's 1st generation jet fighter that opposed the Sabre over Korea.
F-5E Tiger II. The US light-weight fighter that has been operational since the Vietnam War and operated by over 30 countries.
MiG-21bis Fishbed. Russia's most successful fighter of the Vietnam war. A supersonic fighter that closely matches the Tiger II.
L-39ZA. A Czech designed, two seat trainer that was then adapted to a light attack aircraft.

Each aircraft's flight model, sounds, external model and cockpit is recreated to an exceptional level of detail and accuracy. Great care has been given to offer scalable gameplay that suits your personal levels and wishes. This includes intuitive and consistent keyboard controls between aircraft, selectable difficulty settings, option for more forgiving flight dynamics, and even the ability to fly these aircraft with just your keyboard.

As with Lock On and the Flaming Cliffs series, MAC is focused on east and west counterpart aircraft, and this includes such legendary match-ups such as the Eagle and Flanker, Warthog and Frogfoot, Sabre and MiG-15bis, and the F-5E and MiG-21bis. MAC is a blend of both east and west, and this allows you to re-fight historical conflicts from the Korean War to today, and to create your own "what-if" missions.

F-5E_MAC
You can generate an unlimited number of missions using the Fast Mission Creator and Mission Editor. MAC also includes numerous instant action and single missions, as well as campaigns for most of the aircraft and is fully compatible with DCS World online! There are no limits to content.

In addition to the full Caucasus map, MAC also includes a limited part of our Nevada and Persian Gulf maps.

Key Features of MAC:

14 exceptional combat aircraft from the United States, Russia, China and Czech Republic.
Shallow learning curve with consistent key controls between aircraft, and easy to fly with just a keyboard.
Professional level flight models, but with option for forgiving flight dynamics.
Play instant action, single missions and campaigns for most aircraft in single player or fly online.
Supports Virtual Reality like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Windows Mixed Reality.
Includes the Caucasus map and portions of Nevada and the Persian Gulf.
Purchase MAC aircraft individually or as a pack at a reduced price.
Flaming Cliffs 3 owners can purchase the MAC pack at a great discount.

Destraex

It is flaming cliffs 4 basically. With mouse and keyboard play enabled. So low fidelity flight models I would expect. For me I am not sure their is a point to this.
But for people who love jets but do not have the time or desire to learn how to fly. It would be perfect.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Quote from: Destraex on July 14, 2018, 03:22:36 AM
It is flaming cliffs 4 basically. With mouse and keyboard play enabled. So low fidelity flight models I would expect. For me I am not sure their is a point to this.
But for people who love jets but do not have the time or desire to learn how to fly. It would be perfect.

There already is a game mode available in DCS for those who don't want to use the full sim settings (but I don't know how many people use it).
In theory this can be played right now with only the mouse and keyboard.

I really don't know if a third simulator mode or a new game are needed.   Maybe for people who don't feel like paying $70 for a module if they only want to play in game mode.

Jarhead0331

"playable with keyboard and mouse" gives me the douche chills.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on July 14, 2018, 03:22:36 AM

Definitely my kind of add-on. Low fidelity flight model is there. But full blown flight models are included.  :D
It probably is just an expanded Flaming Cliffs