Started by MikeGER, December 04, 2018, 05:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

look what was in the mail today  :)

now i have find time to testsplay it... :dreamer:

ordered it here, and delivery was quit fast 
https://shop.decisiongames.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2110

stolypin

Thanks for posting.  I wasn't aware that there was a computer version.

I played the board version a few years ago and though I enjoyed the game, I found the rules difficult. 

bob48

Be interested to hear what you think of it, Mike.  O0
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

rocketman

Interested too. I have bought a couple of games in the D-day series and can't say I have been all that happy about the quality of the games.

MikeGER

Phantom

Review (of Lion) on BGG
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1590067/quick-review-raflion-pc

I have the original RAF game which I have enjoyed playing (equivalent of Lion I guess) - for the price this looks well worth a try. I see there are both Lion & Eagle versions available. Lower down the above thread it does refer to some advanced features that are omitted from the PC version, but they don't seem to be deal breakers to me.

***Does anyone know why DG don't do their PC games as digital download? - for the UK postage is as much as the game (or a lot more if tracked)***

jomni

demjansk1942

I know, a digital download, I would have bought already, now will wait and move onto something else

JasonPratt

The weird thing is that they do in fact do digital games! -- some exclusively for Mac, some only for PC, some for both -- and all I think for iOS?

https://shop.decisiongames.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=110

So it isn't as though they can't or simply don't want to do digital distribution games. But they don't do some of their games through digital distribution. (So that you can pay $450 for War in the Pacific, for example.  >:D )

Edited to add: my brain even seems to think they have a few games on Steam, though I'm not sure...

Ah, yep, Hexwar has adapted several for Steam distribution.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

I think they do allow downloads, although not advertised....I asked their support last year when I was considering buying and this is what they told me:

If you have an account with our website, I can set the product order up and send you a link to update the payment information. I would only need to know which games you would like to purchase. All of our computer games can be sent as a download.

So worth a shot if you want the game.....

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 04, 2018, 06:46:38 PM
I think they do allow downloads, although not advertised....I asked their support last year when I was considering buying and this is what they told me:

If you have an account with our website, I can set the product order up and send you a link to update the payment information. I would only need to know which games you would like to purchase. All of our computer games can be sent as a download.

So worth a shot if you want the game.....

Good to know, my latest PC doesn't even have a DVD drive
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

demjansk1942

I know a lot of gamers who have new machines don't even bother having a DVD player in the machine.

Toonces

That's so old skool, Mike!   :nerd:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

DoctorQuest

Quote from: demjansk1942 on December 05, 2018, 06:04:30 AM
I know a lot of gamers who have new machines don't even bother having a DVD player in the machine.

I understand this for laptops. My work laptop does not have an optical drive of any sort. I'm not so sure for a desktop...... I would really prefer to have one in that type of rig.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Ubercat

I was surprised when my new gaming rig didn't include a DVD drive. I assumed it as standard and failed to notice it's absence in the specs! Well, my last box was 9 years old so that explains my old man assumptions. I just bought an external drive from Office Depot for the rare occasions when I need one.

Decision Games is at WBC every year. I see their CD's and spend the week thinking about buying one of their PC games but never do. I picture an interface from 20 years ago (don't know if that's at all accurate) and end up passing every time.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell