Total War: Rome II THE RISE OF ROME dlc

Started by JasonPratt, August 04, 2018, 02:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Well who could blame them for running from Etruscan Axes? I'd be like, "Screw you Chieftan. Call me when Epirus gets here".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 16, 2018, 12:36:40 AM
What formation is that they are in?

The Mercenary heavy Etruscan Hoplites are still in line, but it is crumbling.  The Young Swords are just part of a larger force helping their Cheiftaness (of the Sun Priestesses of the Insubres of the Southern Isles with the Elder Swords as her Personalized warband) rout the misguided Mercenary heavy Etruscan Hoplites.  It was a brutal fight, but this chick from the competing clan has become the second-deadliest commander of the Etrusco-Gaulic tribe from up by Lake Como.  You can see the whole thing is really trying for the guy with the vase on his shield.  I'm sure he switched sides after the battle and is working for the Gauls now.
    Other notes -- vase on sheild -- from a tomb image I assume -- probably a joke or pun in Etruscan.
    Antenna Sword -- a Hallstat antique at least a century old.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 16, 2018, 09:25:45 AM
Well who could blame them for running from Etruscan Axes? I'd be like, "Screw you Chieftan. Call me when Epirus gets here".

Yep...a good plan, but he won't be around for another century.  Meanwhile everybody is stuck in the middle of the Mediterranean with Tyrants and Carthegenians down south, Gauls, Etruscans, Romans, Greeks, Philosophers and hill tribes and horse tribes elsewhere.

Sir Slash

What a mess. Who are you playing as? Maybe I missed it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 16, 2018, 11:21:53 AM
What a mess. Who are you playing as? Maybe I missed it.

Lately the Insubres from near Lake Como.  They are rated as Easy and i'm playing on Easy for an Easy Easy Experience.  Earlier I was wiped out as the Tarquinian style Etruscans and earlier than that I was destroyed as the Tarantines.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2018, 10:42:08 AM
Does this campaign have an end date?

The situation that the game is sort of about is over by the end of the 3rd Samnite war (290 BC) when Rome comes to dominate central Italy so 400 turns or so would be about the limit that the structure of the game would make any sense.  After that, Rome and Magna Grecia are in a larger context, though Eturia and the Gallic tribes are still not under anyone's complete control.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Destraex

Tell me since the patch for this latest addon has the game been upgraded to Attila level of graphical and feature, bug fixes formations etc ?? I am wondering whether I should give rome2 a go again?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 17, 2018, 03:15:20 AM
Tell me since the patch for this latest addon has the game been upgraded to Attila level of graphical and feature, bug fixes formations etc ?? I am wondering whether I should give rome2 a go again?

There has been some patching.  I'm not sure of its impacts.  I have not paid much attention to what is supposedly wrong with Rome2 since the Huppla over nothing that reached cosmic proportions when the game first came out.  It seems like whatever the actual problems are with games like Rome2 and Post Scriptum, the deranged verbiage of the internet huppla industry bears no relation to what somebody experiences in actually playing
the game.  It's like people are so busy having finally found some cheap way to appear human (including robots and foreign agents and the fake news generators) that they have forgotten how to have fun playing games if they ever knew.  Sure games aren't perfect (and what would that be anyway?  Some AAAA game that figures out what your subconscious drives are each day?), but after all they are just games and you are supposed to play them not expect them to tend to your highly specific need to drive a Tiger tank all the time (for example).
That being said I have to admit there are no Tiger tanks in Rome2 even in the Rise of the Republic.  On the other hand, some aspects of the political patch seem to be working -- at least in this DLC -- it might be crashing Vanilla for all I know.  Epi the ex-Priestess of the Sun Clan formed her own clan and after a preemptive purge and peripheralization of the Sun Clan I think the Insubres are on an Easy Easy roll. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2018, 08:51:50 AM
^ post of the week right there

I thought the post where I called you the Queen of Soul would win.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I haven't seen that one yet. Perhaps that one will be third to the above and the hernia advice in the Friday thread.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2018, 08:51:50 AM
^ post of the week right there

Thanks!

Meanwhile, Elder Swords outflank Etruscan Heavy Hoplites: