Total War: Rome II THE RISE OF ROME dlc

Started by JasonPratt, August 04, 2018, 02:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Spear vs sword... in Feudal Japan, the spears are the primary battlefield weapon of the Samurai. Swords are just sidearms.

Sir Slash

I believe this whole thread is becoming underhanded if you ask me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bardolph

Quote from: jomni on September 30, 2018, 09:10:35 PM
Spear vs sword... in Feudal Japan, the spears are the primary battlefield weapon of the Samurai. Swords are just sidearms.

In Japan the hand can be used like a knife...

...but not with a tomato.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 30, 2018, 09:00:29 PM

While art works may show a preponderance of overhand spear-postures, it seems likely that for much of the time, the spears where held in other ways.

Some overhand thrusts:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 27, 2018, 11:06:03 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 27, 2018, 11:01:02 AM
Shogun 2's battlefields are too small. NTW's Are the size of Kansas. Could be just me though, I played Shogun 2 on a 'Shamefurl Display'.  :DD

I'm actually very happy with the Rise of the Republic -- good maps, fun units -- Actually - it's my favorite total war ever (bye Shogun 2!).

Oh dear...I'm regressing.  First -- Napoleonic games (don't people get over that by the time they are 59?) and now this (yes back to Rise of the Republic and hoplites):

Gusington

If loving hoplites is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2021, 02:19:20 PM

So true and so wrong.  Here's a slippery moment from a serious melee in Apulia:

Gusington

There appears to be a guy in the back having some major issues.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Didn't help him much - and soon to be someone else's!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

KR777

9 PLAYABLE FACTIONS IN ITALY ? ... that's something, I guess  :-\ L:-).
[spoiler]Hegemony III has > 20, ha ha. But I see that TW just has much nicer screenshots.  ::) O:-)[/spoiler]
Don't open this spoiler or you will be  :o

MengJiao

Quote from: KR777 on November 19, 2021, 12:25:10 PM
9 PLAYABLE FACTIONS IN ITALY ? ... that's something, I guess  :-\ L:-).
[spoiler]Hegemony III has > 20, ha ha. But I see that TW just has much nicer screenshots.  ::) O:-)[/spoiler]
Don't open this spoiler or you will be  :o

I think that might include Carthage, Syracuse and some Sardinians.  No Greeks from Greece or transapline Gauls though.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 16, 2021, 09:27:16 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2021, 02:19:20 PM

So true and so wrong.  Here's a slippery moment from a serious melee in Apulia:

I gave up on the Tarscans (wait...those are the northern enemies of the Mexica) I mean the Tarentines.  I switched back to my old favorites the Northen Gauls whose name i can't spell for some reason and well...they did okay mostly but these heavy Etruscan hoplites on a snowy field beat them.  In fact the Etruscan Heavy hoplites beat about 10 times their number of barbarians attacking from all sides.  Thankfully they went home when their original city was threatened but here they are being attacked from all sides: