Total War: Rome II THE RISE OF ROME dlc

Started by JasonPratt, August 04, 2018, 02:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Thanks! -- I've had people say that before, too.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

For more news actually relevant to the thread title... (I have only myself to blame for that ofc):

I should clarify that despite my sales pitch, the campaign doesn't start with a couple of small towns (and, say, Romulus and Remus as co-rulers). It starts with the Republic already pretty well 'started', with the local Latin expansion more-or-less done, but the Italian expansion still to do. The first sacking of Rome by northern barbarians has just occurred, so Sulla? (if I recall correctly) is being called back to Rome as Dictator of the Republic to try to salvage the disaster and recover. Or that's the main campaign story anyway. The video above illustrates the Samnite campaign instead.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tripoli

QuoteI know there's at least one event, the 2nd Catalinarian Conspiracy,

Jason-Since you brought up the 2nd Catalinarian Conspiracy...Have you ever red "A Pillar of Iron" by Taylor Caldwell?  It is a pretty good historical novel about Cicero and Republican Rome.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Rayfer

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 06, 2018, 11:11:44 AM
For more news actually relevant to the thread title... (I have only myself to blame for that ofc):

I should clarify that despite my sales pitch, the campaign doesn't start with a couple of small towns (and, say, Romulus and Remus as co-rulers). It starts with the Republic already pretty well 'started', with the local Latin expansion more-or-less done, but the Italian expansion still to do. The first sacking of Rome by northern barbarians has just occurred, so Sulla? (if I recall correctly) is being called back to Rome as Dictator of the Republic to try to salvage the disaster and recover. Or that's the main campaign story anyway. The video above illustrates the Samnite campaign instead.

JP...is this your video, is that you doing the narration? 

JasonPratt

No, that's Invicta (if I recall correctly -- I've slept since posting it. ;) ) Aside from forty metric tons of Total War gameplay vids, he also has produced some nice documentaries on Roman history using the TWR2 engine; and has recently gotten back into producing some simpler docs (one of which I linked to upthread, about archaic and early Republic Rome spreading through the boot.)

I think a number of Grogs like his videos, although he stopped doing docs for a while when TW:Warhammer (and Warham2) came out.

I sound very different, both off the cuff and in my scripted vids. Here's my most recent AAR report on the Crisis Grogs Fire in the Lake duel, for comparison. (It won't take long to hear the difference.)

MengJiao

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 12, 2018, 01:42:25 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 05, 2018, 09:04:47 PM
I believe it.

Some Mercenary Hoplites working for the Tarantines:

Or join the Tarantine Militia and get a weird helmet!

Gusington

Dammit. I thought this DLC began in something like 700BC. Now I know it starts in 399BC, a more familiar era to me. Now...I kinda want it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2018, 02:57:45 PM
Dammit. I thought this DLC began in something like 700BC. Now I know it starts in 399BC, a more familiar era to me. Now...I kinda want it.

Yep, ab urbs condita starts in 753 BC or something, but the Republic is much later.  The game covers a period more like the Tyrant Module of the Great battles of Alexander the Great game (two greats and a Tyrant).

It's actually a pretty neat game.  Very interesting map.

Gusington

>:(

Next you'll tell me how interesting the other non-Roman factions are.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

New patch seems very buggy defending a settlement Ballistas refused to fire.. One lady I kept trying to adopt would crash to desktop every time.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2018, 04:23:29 PM

Next you'll tell me how interesting the other non-Roman factions are.

Don't know.  The Tarantines so far seem like a promising little civilization.

MengJiao

Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2018, 05:48:34 PM
New patch seems very buggy defending a settlement Ballistas refused to fire.. One lady I kept trying to adopt would crash to desktop every time.

Are you in the
rise of the Republic DLC or seeing its effects on the other parts of the game?

No crashes so far in the new DLC.