Some of my work.

Started by Achtung Baby, June 18, 2018, 02:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I'm clearly the small, freakish, feral, hairy child...as well as in this skit we're creating.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Blaster was the big dude with the moon face. Master was the little guy who rode his shoulders. The Feral Kid was the one who grew up to be the narrator in The Road Warrior.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

So the feral kid had no name? MIRTH LIED

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

It's only taken you this long to figure out I lie

Achtung Baby

Thx for the acknowledgment guys, much appreciated. Most of what I do is done as cheap as possible, weathering is pretty much done with coloured chalk and some washes to fill in the gaps. There are just as many that I have stuffed up trying something different, but hey... failures teaches you just as much.

It maybe sometime before I start anything yet, just to see others post their work is a bonus in my books.
"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
Ernest Hemingway.

em2nought

That rusty tank looks excellent.  I have the idea that "rust" is very hard to do a proper job of.
Stolen elections have consequences.

Achtung Baby

Quote from: em2nought on June 19, 2018, 01:20:02 AM
That rusty tank looks excellent.  I have the idea that "rust" is very hard to do a proper job of.
Thx man. All I do is grab some different coloured chalks, usually cheap stuff made for kids. Use a knife or a file to scrape the chalk for powder, then just mix it with water... then dabble it on the model. The trick is not doing too much.
Ernest Hemingway.

MikeGER

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 18, 2018, 07:06:15 PM
Awesome weathering effects!

Would love to see you and JD each work on the same model and see how your different styles play out and change the look of the finished product!
O0 :notworthy:

that could be a nice official Grogheads event, even to be covered big on that mystical frontpage

- The community vote from a list what WW2 vehicle should be build, and in a small diorama maybe
- Grogheads (the company/ LLC - yes, it will cost you ;) ) donates via PayPal both competitors the money for the identical vanilla kits and a small budget for to get extra parts of choice

for the budget donated both competitors agree to have a running juicy AAR with a satisfying number of pictures, in frontpage quality. 
and both agree to finish the model in a given timeframe of choice
(let's say two or three month? Achtung Baby, JD would that be OK?  ...both have RL-duties and need also time to develop creative ideas and get the kit and the additional parts ordered and delivered before they can even start, and documentation takes up time too)

-The community votes the winner.

JudgeDredd

Honestly - and I know he may try and be modest  :2funny: - but there's really no comparison between Achtung's work and mine.

Don't get me wrong - I think I do a decent job, but Achtung's work is on another level  :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

Achtung Baby

For now, I'd be more than happy to let you guys vote my next build(I'll post what I've got)... or a choice of unfinished projects, I'll post those when time permits.

Ernest Hemingway.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Achtung Baby on June 19, 2018, 06:19:21 AM
For now, I'd be more than happy to let you guys vote my next build(I'll post what I've got)... or a choice of unfinished projects, I'll post those when time permits.
:'(

I can't start a project until I've finished one. It's kind of my Achilles heel and does hobble me a bit getting through models.
Alba gu' brath

Dammit Carl!