zombicide!

Started by Jack Nastyface, June 13, 2016, 05:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Nastyface

Bought Zombicide a couple of weeks back.  Overall impressions is that this is a great game and since it's coop mode its fun to play as a family.

Bad news:  no-one told me about Zombicide: Black Plague.  If I had know about it, I would have bought it instead, just cause I did the milieu.  Oh well...no-one ever died from buying another boardgame.

Yours in board-gaming,

Jack Nastyface
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

bayonetbrant

I know some people that are totally addicted to that game.  Fortunately, I've not been infected yet.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

Heh.  Jack, did you ever make it to the Hide-Out Cafe in New West for their Friday games nights?  Got to witness some epic nerd girl fanboy (fangrrl?)-ism.  There was one group of girls who would play nothing but Zombicide and another that would do nothing but Dead of Winter or Last Night on Earth.  The two groups would refuse to sit at adjoining tables and each would energetically bitch about the other to any 3rd party who made the mistake of sitting down. 

Good times!  I never did get to try out Zombicide but I played a few games of Dead of Winter.  It was pretty fun.  Shame the cafe stopped running the games nights last spring. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 13, 2016, 11:14:00 PM
Heh.  Jack, did you ever make it to the Hide-Out Cafe in New West for their Friday games nights?  Got to witness some epic nerd girl fanboy (fangrrl?)-ism.  There was one group of girls who would play nothing but Zombicide and another that would do nothing but Dead of Winter or Last Night on Earth.  The two groups would refuse to sit at adjoining tables and each would energetically bitch about the other to any 3rd party who made the mistake of sitting down. 

Good times!  I never did get to try out Zombicide but I played a few games of Dead of Winter.  It was pretty fun.  Shame the cafe stopped running the games nights last spring.

Did an epic nerd-girl cat fight break out or something?   Is that why they closed it down, vicious lady melees in their store too often?   ;D

I also picked up the Toxic City Mall expansion for Zombicide quite awhile back.  Still haven't added it to the base game since I don't play it that often.  The system is so easy, almost anyone can play.  Which is often a plus.

If anyone wants a 1v1 competitive game, on a similarly easy level of difficulty, then Claustrophobia is a good option.