Kingsman: The Secret Service

Started by airboy, February 14, 2015, 09:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

The wife wanted to see Kingsman: The Secret Service for Valentines Day.

It is a spy movie with a lot of humor and a high body count.  The mastermind is a lisping Samuel L. Jackson.  It is sort of a cross between the old Avengers BBC series (think John Steed), James Bond, a good straight comedy, and the Matrix.

The final fight scene was almost a "break dance of death."

I'm not a big movie person (my wife likes almost everything).  But this was a lot of fun that captured my attention.  Good, mindless entertainment with loads of violence - who could ask for anything more?

The fight scenes were very well done.

Centurion40

Totally agree.  Saw it with the Mrs. yesterday and really enjoyed it.  Samuel L. was brilliant, and hilarious.  Bestht villian EVAH!!  ;)

Head popping fun for all.  O0

I want to see it again!  Really hoping for a series.  Although it will be hard to top this one.

38/40
Any time is a good time for pie.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Haven't gotten around to seeing this one yet, but it looked pretty good.  Good to know you guys liked it. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

DoctorQuest

I saw it finally. My only complaint is that the evil genius must have been watching Agent Carter to come up with his "this is how I will destroy the world" idea. The body count is high but, really, this is that kind of a movie. A lot of action movies have a massive body count but it all happens somewhere else. Kingsman puts you right in the middle of the carnage.

Take it for what it is......a comic book male fantasy adventure.....and it works.

Not a good date movie.................;)
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.