Main Menu

Hi from Seattle

Started by kludger, February 29, 2016, 12:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kludger

Hi from a newbie war gamer who has lurked here off and on for a while after finding my way here via Spelk's excellent Computer Wargaming Reddit sub.

The GrogHeads forum and reviews have been really helpful while trying to dip my toes into more serious wargaming than my favorites Panzer Corps and Battle Academy.

Nice to meet you all and big thanks for all the great info here.

MetalDog

Welcome, kludger!  Glad you decided to step out of the shadows.  We're much more fun when we know you're there.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Good to have you, kludger!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Glad you found us, kludger!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Welcome kludge. Happy to have you among us. Always room for one more at The Hotel California.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Wes

Welcome and glad you decided to jump in...you've probably read enough to know what you're getting yourself into :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Denpokkr

spammyspamspam

bob48

...and that's why you should never eat cheese sandwiches just before bedtime.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Steelgrave

Quote from: bob48 on March 01, 2016, 11:41:03 AM
...and that's why you should never eat cheese sandwiches just before bedtime.

Bawb knows these things....

Martok

Welcome to Grogheads, kludger!  Glad you decided to make your presence known.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

ToasterBin meet Kludger, Kludger meet ToasterBin

you guys are both in the same area!

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=16368
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers