The Spice Must Flow...Dune REPRINT!

Started by CJReich46, March 22, 2019, 07:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

https://nerdist.com/article/dune-board-game-reprint/

Didn't know where to post this, but a game company Gale Force 9 (and I found this on boardgamegeek.com) is going to reprint the 1979 Classic Avalon Hill boardgame, and it is to come out later this year.

Images are in the Nerdist.com article of how the board is going to look.

O0
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

SirAndrewD

Yep, day one buy for me.  Got the old classic and French version sitting sealed in a box somewhere in my storage closet of rare things. 

Can't wait to have a version I can actually play.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Barthheart

Never had the original version, but will probably be getting this one. Heard nothing but good things.
Gale Force 9 does some good work.

Tpek

Awesome.

Now all I have to hope for is a Dune RPG reprint. :)

Yskonyn

Quote from: Tpek on March 28, 2019, 05:47:55 PM
Awesome.

Modiphius is coming with that in the near future!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tpek

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 06, 2019, 11:23:48 AM
Quote from: Tpek on March 28, 2019, 05:47:55 PM
Awesome.

Modiphius is coming with that in the near future!

They're supposed to come out with a new Dune RPG, I'd also like to get my hands on the previous one. :)

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Tpek on April 09, 2019, 01:54:50 PM

They're supposed to come out with a new Dune RPG, I'd also like to get my hands on the previous one. :)

A copy of that is also in my collection of rare things.  One of the few copies of Dune Chronicles of the Imperium from Last Unicorn games. 

I got it as a gift from a very good friend who paid $150 for it back right after the limited run was released at GenCon. 

Goes for about $1k now.  Only had the balls to open it and flip through it one time.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Yskonyn

And so it became known to Tpek what price would have to be paid.  >:D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 09, 2019, 03:02:18 PM
And so it became known to Tpek what the price would have to be paid.  >:D

To somebody else.  Mine's not for sale. 

There are 3000 known copies, the price goes up and down depending on how many of them migrate to ebay.  The quality of the ones for sale are declining over time though.

Tpek

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 09, 2019, 03:02:18 PM
And so it became known to Tpek what price would have to be paid.  >:D

That's one of the reasons I want a reprint, or more precisely a legit PDF version.

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on March 22, 2019, 11:35:50 PM
Never had the original version, but will probably be getting this one. Heard nothing but good things.
Gale Force 9 does some good work.

I was in a similar situation with Hannibal: Rome Vs Carthage.  Never played the original.  Although I did have Successors: The Battles For Alexander's Empire, which was reportedly built on similar base mechanics.

Saw the fancy new Hannibal & Hamilcar version sitting on an FLGS shelf a few months ago.  Pricey, but I couldn't pass it up.  Holy testicle Tuesday's, Batman, am I impressed with it.  Doesn't hurt that it's getting glowing reviews, either.   Hopefully the new Dune will be pimped half as much.  :dreamer: