GrandTacticalTrainingMarkII

Started by MengJiao, February 27, 2015, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Much the same terrain, but I've learned about deploying in column.  The only one unit in column per-hex rule helps:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 27, 2015, 04:01:47 PM

Much the same terrain, but I've learned about deploying in column.  The only one unit in column per-hex rule helps:

And a bazooka hit the lead German tank company.  Rather than get suppressed and let the allies get up close with Shermans, the company rolled to
take a cohesion hit instead (ie using its troop quality to stay in action and take a loss rather than let the enemy avoid opportunity fire).

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 27, 2015, 09:36:16 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on February 27, 2015, 04:01:47 PM

And a bazooka hit the lead German tank company.  Rather than get suppressed and let the allies get up close with Shermans, the company rolled to
take a cohesion hit instead (ie using its troop quality to stay in action and take a loss rather than let the enemy avoid opportunity fire).

9:00 AM -- the German Divisional move is the last chit...so it becomes the first of the next turn.  The Germans move the elements of two divisions as one
(due to not thinking this through in the scenario set-up) and use "second-action" points to fire at the bazooka and suppress it enabling a no-fire-zone divisional
move on up the road.  The lead tank (I mean Panzer) company is a mess and off the road trying to recover some cohesion:

bayonetbrant

that looks like a LOT of admin markers...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MengJiao

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 01, 2015, 08:35:31 AM
that looks like a LOT of admin markers...

Yes, there's a lot of admin stuff in the Grand Tactical system.  There's a whole off-board chart for each division and three different admin modes for moving a unit: formation, second-action and Direct.  Still its a fun system and works well solitaire (due to the chit-pull and such).

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote this, but it is slightly misleading (for example, second-action would not necessarily be a movement mode).  So to move a unit, it would move in the Divisional move as a Divisional move (with limitations to be overcome with a second-action), in a direct action as a direct action and as part of a formation move.  That would all be based on how you allocated your administrative points in the previous turn.  So you might not spend any points on formations and just move everybody by division and direct.  You would not have much offensive punch, but you could defend like that.