Main Menu

X4 Foundations

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2017, 02:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 06, 2018, 05:11:28 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 06, 2018, 02:17:17 PM
Good grief, Ysk, what resolution are you on? 4000??

Yea thats 4k right there! 😊

Sorry I don't know how to make the forum crop them.

Use width with the img tag - like this:  {img width=500]image_link_goes_here[/img]
----- note, that first { should also be a [
----- note, you can change 500 to whatever width you want. Clicking on the image will expand it to full size

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

^your BBCode-fu is strong, grasshopper.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Quote from: bbmike on December 06, 2018, 05:19:46 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 06, 2018, 05:11:28 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 06, 2018, 02:17:17 PM
Good grief, Ysk, what resolution are you on? 4000??

Yea thats 4k right there! 😊

Sorry I don't know how to make the forum crop them.

Use width with the img tag - like this:  {img width=500]image_link_goes_here[/img]
----- note, that first { should also be a [
----- note, you can change 500 to whatever width you want. Clicking on the image will expand it to full size

O0 I fixed my post
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Geezer

Anybody taken over a system yet?   :)

See this thread for details:  https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=405584
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Yskonyn

No I haven't and I don't think its a good idea yet in my game. From the reports of the 1.3 beta patch its going to be a lot more volatile once you update.
So I am laying low for now, generating cash and building up assets to rise to power over time.
If you own a sector you need to be able to defend a lot of space!

Fully equipping your vessels with support crew makes them do tasks more quickly by the way!
Especially once they have levelled a bit.
Surveying and Mining become more efficient on your miners.

And once you have owned stations and want to mine or trade for that station, be sure to have appointed a manager. Otherwise the flow of goods halts most of the time.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Yes! I've just discovered my player HQ!
The sector is constantly being raided by enemies however, so I don't feel my miners (which is now a small fleet of 5!) would be safe there.
So next point on the agenda is to keep mining in Argon prime to build up the funds for a small security squadron to patrol the PHQ perimeter.
Then I can move my miners into the sector to start delving resources for module contruction.

In the mean time I am going to buy a large Trader to feed high tech materials to my base.
Fun times!

JasonPratt

Edited to never mind, BBmike already helped.  O0

I recommend 1024 as the width, personally. Most people have decent enough monitors to handle that nowadays.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

So apparently poaching crewmen from capital ships was an exploit that has now been fixed. :(

1.30 patch notes:

Quote• Added graphics setting to show graphics card and screen separately on multi-GPU systems.
• Added option to restore all default settings.
• Added Nividium to items bought by Argon and Teladi trade stations.
• Added SSAA 2x and 4x options back in.
• Improved accuracy of turrets and gimballed weapons.
• Improved skill gain profile for NPCs.
• Improved station-based traders to sell products at at least the price set at their station.
• Improved options for selling illegal wares.
• Removed non-functional engine mod type.
• Removed mining turret compatibility from Sunder.
• Removed display of type icons for unknown objects on map.
• Removed mouse cursor emulation in start menu.
• Removed option to shuffle station construction plan for HQ.
• Fixed logbook showing oldest 1000 entries instead of newest.
• Fixed searching for ware names to use the correct trade filter.
• Fixed missing guidance information in Mission Manager
• Fixed invasions stalling and starving the war missions of suitable situations.
• Fixed illegal build plot for advanced gamestart "The Unworthy Entrepreneur".
• Fixed player-owned ships sometimes dropping cargo without the player telling them to.
• Fixed passengers or prisoners sometimes being promoted to captain thereby changing ship ownership.
• Fixed turrets on M-sized ships flown by the player and set to attack all enemies not engaging hostile XS-sized ships.
• Fixed case of patrolling ships failing to engage pirates pretending to belong to their faction.
• Fixed police ships penalising unpaid plots in locations where they do not have police authority.
• Fixed "Promote best crewmember" button not working if ship has no pilot and all crewmembers have 0 skills.
• Fixed being able to recruit crew from NPC-owned capital ships.
• Fixed another case of AutoTrade not functioning.
• Fixed AutoMiners not selling the resources that they gather.
• Fixed some player-owned ships not allowing you to dock.
• Fixed L-sized turret and shieldgenerator blueprints not being available to the player.
• Fixed certain collectables not being picked up when you fly over them.
• Fixed ships stuck while docked awaiting an invalid build to complete.
• Fixed characters being stuck in unhelpful places.
• Fixed being able to clone crew members.
• Fixed player logo being applied to HQ asteroid.
• Fixed player HQ information menu not working after adding a production to the HQ.
• Fixed missing dock areas on builder ships.
• Fixed incorrect type of mines near gate in Eighteen Billion.
• Fixed error incorrectly appearing if build is completed.
• Fixed asteroid scanning not being possible.
• Fixed missing text localization in several places.
• Fixed missing German station announcements and other voiced lines.
• Fixed a case of ships having no collision detection.
• Fixed ships skipping collision avoidance in certain situations.
• Fixed most cases of clipping through docking bay floors when docking.
• Fixed a case of the player ship warping to an invalid location on undocking.
• Fixed more cases of the player ship warping around (e.g. after taking control).
• Fixed crash when installing broken equipment mods.
• Fixed occasional unrecoverable freezes.
• Fixed several other causes of rare crashes.

Yskonyn

Nice list!

I guess I need to gear up for war sooner now.

PanzersEast

Check this out, diagram on modules that track all the way back to the intermediate..... to ingredients.

Direct Link: https://i.redd.it/0pd067dszt221.png

Grim.Reaper

I liked it better when some people didn't like this game:)  Made it easier to stay away......but now I am thinking....

Huw the Poo

Grim...you need this game!  It's great now, it will be fucking awesome after some patches and DLCs.(not to mention mods).

Jarhead0331

I have to agree. It's a fantastic game. Despite my initial frustrations, which were and still are quite valid, I'm hooked. It's  very addictive and once they are done patching and building this it is most certainly going to be a classic. There is still a learning curve, but X4 is much more accessible than any of the prior titles in the X series. This one will catapult egosoft into the big leagues.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

I am tempted for sure, but have to admit I am intimidated....seems like you have to learn a lot without much direction.  Maybe that's the fun part....seriously thinking.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 07, 2018, 09:27:53 PM
I am tempted for sure, but have to admit I am intimidated....seems like you have to learn a lot without much direction.  Maybe that's the fun part....seriously thinking.

Egosoft have done precisely nothing to provide information for the player, for sure.  However we're all learning together here and can easily spread the knowledge!  I'm sure the community are working on a wiki too.