Has anyone printed their own decals?

Started by DoctorQuest, October 19, 2017, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

I know I can buy printable decal paper at my local hobby shop and I that may be the only way I can get decals for one of my projects.

Has anyone ever done this? Any hints or tips?

Thanks in advance for any help!

DQ
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

GDS_Starfury

for what project?
you need a really really good printer and an excellent art program to make the effort worth it.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

DoctorQuest

I am try to create a few F-16 Thunderbird decals in 1/72 scale for a cheap die-cast model I picked up. Basically just some of the big markings on the underside of the model wings and fuselage.

I have Paint Shop Pro which is a decent art program and an HP Envy 4520 which is an OK printer but I admit not top of the line. I was hoping to print in "photo quality" mode would do the trick.

I have downloaded some templates so I don't need to actually draw any of the artwork. I just need to color it correctly and scale it.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bbmike

Quote from: DoctorQuest on October 19, 2017, 06:38:22 PM
I am try to create a few F-16 Thunderbird decals in 1/72 scale for a cheap die-cast model I picked up. Basically just some of the big markings on the underside of the model wings and fuselage.

I have Paint Shop Pro which is a decent art program and an HP Envy 4520 which is an OK printer but I admit not top of the line. I was hoping to print in "photo quality" mode would do the trick.

I have downloaded some templates so I don't need to actually draw any of the artwork. I just need to color it correctly and scale it.

I still use Paint Shop Pro 7. It is the bomb!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak