Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Field of Glory: Empires
« Last post by WallysWorld on Today at 04:25:34 PM »
And this new AGEOD game uses the same engine too. The new engine is versatile, can do WEGO. I heard it does real time too (Close Combat). AGEOD turn resolution improved according to Pocus. Now 10 seconds compared to a minute.

I would salivate to get the turn processing time down 90% for Ageod games like To End All Wars with the new engine.
Me neither! Civ VI gold - with all DLC and the Rise and Fall expansion - is now ~38.00 on Steam. Any chance this will drop further during the next Steam sale? Should I wait or is this a steal?
Computer Wargaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 04:07:44 PM »
I see the Civ VI gold pack is now on sale for ~38.00 - includes all DLC and Rise and Fall. Have you seen it for any less than this? Any chance it will be marked down any further during the next Steam sale?
« Last post by DennisS on Today at 04:07:23 PM »
Whoever thought of this is my hero of the day.

Perhaps they should be awarded the Grogheads Order of the Golden Dongle.

(If that's not a thing it should be)

I won't pay extra for a dongle. I just won't. Even if I lost the first one, and this is a replacement. I bought it, fair and square, and I want it replaced!
Computer Wargaming / Re: Field of Glory II
« Last post by jomni on Today at 03:51:20 PM »
What doesn't? Haven't played FoG but if there's a dedicated and workable strategic layer there, I'll but all of them and more.

You actually don't need to play FoG as well. The Empires game is stand-alone AGEOD style. There's a dedicated thread now.
« Last post by jomni on Today at 03:50:36 PM »
Pike and Shot is the same engine as FoG2 right? So that seems like an obvious next choice. Whoever thought of this is my hero of the day.
Different engines, P/S uses the old stub engine, FOG2 uses the new archon engine same as Sanctus Reach. So FOG2 and FOG:Empires use the same engine. The new Close Combat uses the archon engine also, as well as the new Steel Tiger.

And this new AGEOD game uses the same engine too. The new engine is versatile, can do WEGO. I heard it does real time too (Close Combat). AGEOD turn resolution improved according to Pocus. Now 10 seconds compared to a minute.
Map Editor Tech Support / Re: Grid Resizing
« Last post by Rob Seabrook on Today at 03:42:07 PM »
Hi Andy,

Along a similar line...any thoughts for optional grid shapes that print with the map? I would like to see: (1) hexes with the ability to scale their size and (2) polygons with multiple points for topographically based area movement.

Thanks.
Why should they offer a discount? Itís a totally different game.

Itís not their fault you bought and didnít play the original.  :2funny:

I disagree.

They basically announced it was the old ROF with revised graphic effects and a switch to the IL2BOS campaign system (which isn't very good anyway).

At the moment, there is far more content in the original ROF.  Which I really enjoyed in the big ongoing multi-player servers.  I had purchased a majority of the flyable aircraft for it.  Not looking forward to re-purchasing the hordes of DLC planes again when they eventually get added.

I'd be faster to adopt the new one if they offered an upgrade DLC.  Instead I feel like a DLC microtransaction milk cow, looking at all those DLC aircraft needing replacement along with the core reboot.  Sitting firmly on the fence for awhile.  :-"

I thought I had read that it is a totally game and engine. If that is not true, then I stand corrected.
  It'll be a while though, they have to finish the west front wwII map, then convert it to wwi era for FC.

I don't think that's what happening.  As I understand it the Western Front FC map will be its own entity - didn't Bodenplatte happen further north and east?  But, yes, it will be a while before it's out.  Until then we'll be drip-fed WW1 planes to muck about in over various places in 1940s Russia.
Computer Wargaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by steve58 on Today at 03:29:13 PM »
...basically $10 for Oriental Empires.

Humble Jumbo Bundle #12

Pay $1 for the following:
  • Pinstripe
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas: True Ninja Pack
  • Rise & Shine
  • Also Pinstripe OST and 10% off first month for new humble Monthly subscribers.

Beat the average (currently $4.65) to also get:
  • Project Highrise
  • Construction Simulator 2015
  • Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe
Pay $10 to get everything including:
  • DiRT 4
  • Oriental Empires
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10