C3 - Less than 60 miles (TRL Games)

Started by Yskonyn, September 26, 2018, 06:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

A new game in development over at Thin Red Line Games (1985: Under an Iron Sky).

From the site:
"Taking its roots from SPI's Central Front and NATO: Division Commander, Less Than 60 Miles is the first of an operational simulation series focused on Command, Control and Communication.

All the elements of modern, mechanized warfare are covered: Chemical and Nuclear Weapons, Attack Helicopters, Engineers, Electronic Warfare, Counter-battery Fire, Ribbon Bridges, Army Doctrines, Reconnaissance units, Close Air Support coordination, and more.

In Less Than 60 Miles, both sides must deal with three equally dangerous foes: the enemy, their own plan and time.
Players must handle the deceptively simple problems typically faced by Corps and Division commanders: move from point A to point B without messing up, organize a river crossing, properly deploy the troops for combat before the enemy starts to blow them in pieces.

Moreover, this is (hopefully) the first module of the C3 Series, covering the whole NATO – Warsaw Pact conflict in Central Europe. Yes, the idea is to have the whole Central Front playable in a gigantic, unmanageable, mind-blowing campaign."

More info:
https://trlgames.com/c3-less-than-60-miles/

http://warwithoutkia.blogspot.com/2018/09/less-than-60-miles-designers-notes-part.html
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

ArizonaTank

I'll just tell my wife now that we can't go on vacation next year...that should save enough for this.  :bd:
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Yskonyn

It's only slated for 800-ish copies the first run, so if you want it you'll be doing yourself a favour by logging into the BoardGameGeek forums for the game and reply to this thread that you'd like to reserve a copy.
It turned out it was very much needed with their 1985 game. :)

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2063545/may-well-be-first
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Crossroads

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 27, 2018, 05:02:05 PM
I'll just tell my wife now that we can't go on vacation next year...that should save enough for this.  :bd:
They don't make small games do they  :)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Yskonyn