RPG Sales & Discounts

Started by bayonetbrant, December 23, 2016, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: Nefaro on August 10, 2017, 08:44:13 PM
Uhh... doesn't the Achtung Cthulhu Player's Guide have all the character professions & new abilities though?

Yes, but I think that Grogs can take the players sheet pdf (free on the web) and go with that if they are familiar with the Call of Cthulhu system.  But on this sale the Players Manual is less than $5.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Staggerwing

Is that the RPG version of Rickrolling?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Nefaro

Demon: The Descent for Chronicles of Darkness

on Bundle Of Holding special..

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/DemonDescent

airboy

For $28 at the Bundle of Holding I got:

Cthulhu Britannica
Cthulhu Britannica London
The Curse of Nineveh
The Journal of Reginald Campbell Thompson
The Journal of Neve Selcibuc
The Ballad of Bass Rock

I think that 10% went to Physicians Without Borders if that sort of thing winds your clock.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on October 19, 2017, 09:56:46 AM
Mutant: Year Zero is on sale for $19.99. The whole bundle is $39.94.

MYZ obviously took some inspiration from the 'Powered by the Apocalypse' engine, and expanded up on it. 

Expanded on the style with some good things.  Such as a dice pool mechanic, an inventory/weight, and damage systems.  Yet it still keeps them all pretty light. 

Very sandbox, with tables & options for getting up and running relatively quickly.  It's not really a "gonzo" style of post-apoc RPG.  About on par with Fallout for weirdness.

I'd say it's closest, in campaign style and crunch, to Blades in the Dark.  With different themes, of course.

bayonetbrant

Nefaro

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 19, 2017, 06:30:08 PM
Drive Thru RPG has a bunch of Halloween / horror theme bundles

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/featured.php?promotion_id=ScaryStuff2017

Bundle of Holding has Cthulhu Britannica
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/CthulhuBritannica2017

and Rippers
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Rippers

I bought a large bunch of the Halloween stuff.  The core rules for Dresden Files, The Laundry, Delta Green and some Cthulhu stuff.