Adventures In Counter Clipping

Started by Nefaro, February 17, 2016, 02:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Never fear! I have a pair of heavy-duty nail clippers which, with care, suffice. Clearly, we lack the technology of our clipping brothers who dwell on't other side of the pond.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

Quote from: bob48 on February 19, 2016, 04:56:29 PM
Clearly, we lack the technology of our clipping brothers who dwell on't other side of the pond.

That's a very nice way of saying, "spoiled colonials".  Quite considerate.     O0

Rekim

The only seller on amazon Canada is asking CDN$ 287.32 plus shipping for the Oregon 2.5mm

:uglystupid2:

Pinetree

I sound like a bit of a salesman here but I'm just curious why the Amazon love when you could order direct from Oregon Laminations and cut out the middleman.

http://www.oregonlam.com/C-006-2MM_2mm_Corner_Cutter_Punch_Rounder.html

Their shipping is very reasonable with lots of options for you 'mericans. Rekim, you could get one for US$61.45 incl. shipping, which is about CDN$85 through them. I assumed by your local time in your profile you were in central Canada somewhere so I entered a Calgary postcode and selected 1st class priority international.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

LongBlade

Quote from: Rekim on February 19, 2016, 05:52:34 PM
The only seller on amazon Canada is asking CDN$ 287.32 plus shipping for the Oregon 2.5mm

:uglystupid2:

I'll buy one from Amazon US and mail it to you all-in for $175.  8)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Quote from: Pinetree on February 19, 2016, 06:36:39 PM
I sound like a bit of a salesman here but I'm just curious why the Amazon love when you could order direct from Oregon Laminations and cut out the middleman.

I currently have Prime.  So 2-day shipping at no cost.

If I didn't have that advantage, I would certainly consider ordering direct.  Not the best option, time or money-wise, in my circumstance.

Pinetree

Free shipping is definitely worth it. Shipping anything from the states down to here almost doubles the price of anything I purchase.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Nefaro

Well.. got the 2.5mm one in.

There are a couple spots where the guides stick out a bit further, due to the steel piece having a couple small uneven cuts, but it's close enough for me to work with.

Can see I'll have to lube the rails up on it before next use.  I clipped one sheet of counters and whatever lubrication they had on the steel posts has dissipated enough to make the action noticeably more resistant.  Easy fix.