Angry Joe takes a look at Star Wars: Armada

Started by Martok, April 09, 2015, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

I watched part of his live tabletop playthrough of Star Trek Fleet Captains a few months ago.  Not sure if he posted the recording afterward.  :-\

I still haven't put that on the table, though that's due to my wanting to paint all the ships first.

Arctic Blast

I'm intrigued by Armada...until I consider the prices and realize how deeply I would dive into that expensive pool. Then the intrigue leaves.  :)

Barthheart

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 09, 2015, 11:01:42 PM
I'm intrigued by Armada...until I consider the prices and realize how deeply I would dive into that expensive pool. Then the intrigue leaves.  :)

+1

I'm already going broke with SMG stuff thanks to you!  :D

BanzaiCat

I keep doing nickle and dime games so I don't nearly have the fundage for a $70 set like this. Though I might get it as a b-day present when that time rolls around in the late summer.

Like I need another minis game to NOT play.  :-\

LongBlade

I'm hearing great stuff about it. Too bad I already sank a bunch into D&D Dice Masters.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

I watched the first few minutes of the vid. Unfortunately it gets kinda boring.

I'm also a bit concerned about their intro of the Star Wars cartoon - that looks like IP that they probably should not have borrowed without permission.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on April 10, 2015, 05:29:24 AM

+1

Ah, so you've dived into the money pit that I foresaw myself falling into.  ;D

Barthheart

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2015, 11:36:16 PM

+1

Yeah... with both feet. It is a great game system though so I have no regrets.  O0

BanzaiCat

Quote from: LongBlade on April 10, 2015, 12:23:04 PM
I'm also a bit concerned about their intro of the Star Wars cartoon - that looks like IP that they probably should not have borrowed without permission.

Not just that, but it looks like Joe 2 is playing Star Wars music on his iPad...sounded like the cantina theme I think. Couldn't hear music throughout but at the beginning, it was clear. Both the anime and the music...yeah that can't be good for them.

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on April 11, 2015, 06:21:11 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2015, 11:36:16 PM

+1

Yeah... with both feet. It is a great game system though so I have no regrets.  O0

I've owned SMG Day of Days and Road to Carentan for awhile now and have yet to play it.  Only glued the bases on. 

Same can be said for Heroes of Normandie, although I haven't had it as long.  I'm just rarely in a WW2 mood, as most of you know.  But these two systems looked different than the usual steady onslaught of same-y WW2 releases, so I grabbed 'em to fill that spot.