DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alastair

I can't get a working download link off of shrapnel forums :(

if I can still join, I'd like to try Agartha, please.

Faux

Downloads from Shrapnel seem to work just  fine as I type this. What kind of an error do you get?

Agartha is already taken. You can see the list of picked nations in the first post and of course by reading this thread.

alastair

Its back up. Can I have Abysia? Pythium?

parone

hey folks. never got home from work last night, and now have to run to a graduation.

will look things over when i get home.  alistair, i'll see if i can find a 10 player map(anyone is free to suggest).

Bronwell

I recommend the map- Realm of Roaring Rhinos.  It's a wraparound by Elmokki, the creator of Plane of Rusty Nails.  I haven't played on it, but see in the list I have downloaded.  I have no idea if there is a version with balanced starts but it's roughly the right size (169 incl 16 water as compared to Nails having 143 with 12 sea).

alastair

How many provinces/person do we want to start with?

Faux

Quote from: alastair on June 15, 2013, 04:00:24 PM
How many provinces/person do we want to start with?

I'd imagine one since it's pretty much the norm.

alastair

Sorry I meant ratio on map.  So 150 provinces/10 players= 15:1.  I think 18 is standard, though not sure.

parone

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showpost.php?p=804192

ok, i have no idea if copying/pasting that link is gonna work for you guys.

this is the realm of roaring rhino map with 11 fixed land starts.  this was the link on llama.   lets see if we can all get this map(the download is tga only, which is all you will need.

note:  you must have the version that specifically mentions 11 fixed land starts.  i'll check one more place to see if i can find a better link.

alastair, i think this means you are in.  i was going to be pythium!!!  no worries though, go ahead and make a pretender for them, i'll switch to kalaisa/bandar.  i really just wanted to try an astral nation, and the monkeys are good at that, too.

got another killer day coming up, so i wont be able to check in until late tonight.  next 4 days after this, though, should be reasonable, so i hope i can put more than 10 minutes a day into making this go.

folks, if we can all get cbm, assimilation mod, and this map, and we all have pretenders made up, i think we are going to try and take a shot at getting this big old bird off the ground.

remmember please:  this is a high commitment game, even though it is newbie-esque.  this means you should really try to get your turns in, and also means no quitting if things go bad(fight to the last man!)

alright, will check back later(much later :-\)

parone

ps, link seemed to work.  let me know if you have any problems

parone

PPS

Game is up on llama!!!  it is called DOOOM(has to be 5 letters, apparently)

used cbm194 and assimilation middle aged version.

will post links later if you have trouble.

ok, gotta scoot

Huw the Poo

Don't forget that when you submit your pretenders (found in the savedgames/newlords directory) the subject of your email has to exactly match the name of the game.

Have fun, guys!

gp1628

Quote from: alastair on June 15, 2013, 06:39:04 PM
Sorry I meant ratio on map.  So 150 provinces/10 players= 15:1.  I think 18 is standard, though not sure.
The game itself considers small/medium/large games to be 10/15/20 provs per player. So 8 players would mean an 80 prov map is a small game and a 160 prov map would be a large game.

The number of provs greatly affect some nations being able to use their built-in abilities effectively.

Also, the more provs per player, the better the start positions that the game can give.

Wingedflamez

Nevermind this post, I actually did something called reading and answered the question I just asked.

alastair

As a quick how-to submit, since I had trouble with that:
Create your pretender in gametools: Create a pretender. 

This will create a file in dominions3/savedgames/newlords 

Attach that file to an email titled DOOOM addressed to pretenders[at]llamaserver[dot]net