Grogheads 2014 Fantasy Baseball Season

Started by Bison, February 23, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Please feel free to add your own input, suggestions and what not.  Two things I would like to throw out there, first, a weekly innings cap and second, a live draft.  The innings cap would be a small protection against getting hosed by someone who doesn't/can't get their lineups set.  And the live draft is just a fun time.  Oh, and a third suggestion, using only one league to draw from.  If eight is as many managers we can get, then, a smaller pool of players to draft from would make it a bit more of a challenge.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Is the draft still automatic? I remember last year just receiving my team ready to go

Btw... Gjk might not make it or may be late..... I know he logs in but the twilight game has come to a halt without him and he mentioned some carp interfering IRL

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 02, 2014, 04:44:01 AMhe mentioned some carp interfering IRL

Those damned carp   >:(

If only he'd switch to trout! 
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

UCG, the draft is automatic by default.  A live draft is a lot of fun and very easy to set up and run.  However, for those who are unfamiliar with the majority of players, a live draft could lead to a long season.  I will be participating in at least two live drafts, so, if we auto draft here, I will not be sad.

undercovergeek

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 02, 2014, 07:38:39 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 02, 2014, 04:44:01 AMhe mentioned some carp interfering IRL

Those damned carp   >:(

If only he'd switch to trout!

goddammit!!!

Quote from: MetalDog on March 02, 2014, 09:27:02 AM
UCG, the draft is automatic by default.  A live draft is a lot of fun and very easy to set up and run.  However, for those who are unfamiliar with the majority of players, a live draft could lead to a long season.  I will be participating in at least two live drafts, so, if we auto draft here, I will not be sad.

thanks MD

Bison

KyzBP removed one of your teams.

KyzBP

Quote from: Bison on March 02, 2014, 05:32:36 PM
KyzBP removed one of your teams.

Thanks.  Hopefully it was the losing one.

Bison

I'm hoping to stay out of the cellar this year.  I did alright last year coming in forth.  At least I didn't get passed in the standings by a guy who actually understands more about cricket than baseball.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on March 02, 2014, 08:23:59 PM
I'm hoping to stay out of the cellar this year.  I did alright last year coming in forth.  At least I didn't get passed in the standings by a guy who actually understands more about cricket than baseball.

By half a point!!

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 03, 2014, 01:17:20 AM
Quote from: Bison on March 02, 2014, 08:23:59 PM

By half a point!!

Horseshoes and hand grenades my good fellow.

Bison

All right gentlemen, we need one more manager.  We need to have an even number to cue the draft.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Not yet, but I haven't seen him post the week or two.

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Still need one more folks!  Step right up and sign in for your fair share of abuse...um...erm...fun!  That's it, fun!!!  And we need to set a date for the draft, live or auto pick.  Need to start ranking players.