Main Menu

Call your friday

Started by Anguille, April 06, 2018, 01:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Played Twilight Imperium 4 for the second time in six weeks! I ended up second. I actually would have won the game, but I scored objectives a couple of players after the guy who ended up winning when he did the same. SO CLOSE TO GALACTIC SUPREMACY!

Now that Far Cry 5 has left me fuming and laughing hysterically all at once, I need to pick a new electronic game to play. Not sure which yet. That leaves plenty of time to punch and sort a small stack of recent tabletop pickups (Wilderness War, Mr. Madison's War, Strike of the Eagle, War of the Ring, Space Empires 4X with 1st expansion, and Wiz War).

Hofstadter

My partner and I are drunk and playing steel division.

I fell into the bargain bin at the bottle ship reaching for some arak
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 07, 2018, 11:15:43 PM
Played Twilight Imperium 4 for the second time in six weeks! I ended up second. I actually would have won the game, but I scored objectives a couple of players after the guy who ended up winning when he did the same. SO CLOSE TO GALACTIC SUPREMACY!

Now that Far Cry 5 has left me fuming and laughing hysterically all at once, I need to pick a new electronic game to play. Not sure which yet. That leaves plenty of time to punch and sort a small stack of recent tabletop pickups (Wilderness War, Mr. Madison's War, Strike of the Eagle, War of the Ring, Space Empires 4X with 1st expansion, and Wiz War).

Wiz War.   :smitten:

I still planned on picking up the first expansion to that, but it seems FFG has been in no hurry to reprint it, now that it's become a scarcity on shelves.   :knuppel2:

Haven't played the Wizard Pissing Contest in a couple years, so no hurry I suppose.

JudgeDredd

Well I didn't play anything except maybe 30 minutes of Battle for Stalingrad.

Too busy modelling  :dreamer:
Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2018, 09:26:06 AM

I still planned on picking up the first expansion to that, but it seems FFG has been in no hurry to reprint it, now that it's become a scarcity on shelves.   :knuppel2:

Haven't played the Wizard Pissing Contest in a couple years, so no hurry I suppose.

Actually, it's probably gone OOP. They signed a licensing agreement with the rights holder in 2008. Those deals tend to last about ten years, and it's 2018. Buy what you can, because it's probably done.

Tuna

Spent the weekend trying to figure out how to get some old VHS tapes of my band on to digital.

Yesterday what was left of Sunday, I got some time in with Total War Rome II.. Finally finished my Antony Campaign.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 08, 2018, 05:10:44 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2018, 09:26:06 AM

Actually, it's probably gone OOP. They signed a licensing agreement with the rights holder in 2008. Those deals tend to last about ten years, and it's 2018. Buy what you can, because it's probably done.

I was worried that it's licensing was somehow tied in with their Games Workshop deal that got dropped a short time back. 

Ahh well. At least I have the core game.

Tuna

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Nothing on this Earth prettier than a TW map all filled-in with your colors.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 09, 2018, 06:37:26 PM
Nothing on this Earth prettier than a TW map all filled-in with your colors.  O0

Maybe a Eurpoa Universalis map filled with your colours.

Sir Slash

Is that even possible in one lifetime?  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.