Main Menu

Something FRIDAY

Started by Barthheart, March 29, 2018, 05:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That guy looks like he's really got the clap.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

I've been struggling the past week to sum up the motivation to play Conflict of Heroes (the cardboard version not the computer one).  I'm finding it really hard after a long day at work to sit down and read the manual and setup the board.  It's so much easier to hop on the computer and play something with minimal effort. 

I really want to play my board games but my brain is overloaded and not motivated.  I need help!   :-[
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Take a nap. That'll clear things up for you. Works for me.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: W8taminute on March 31, 2018, 11:52:10 AM
I've been struggling the past week to sum up the motivation to play Conflict of Heroes (the cardboard version not the computer one).  I'm finding it really hard after a long day at work to sit down and read the manual and setup the board.  It's so much easier to hop on the computer and play something with minimal effort. 

I really want to play my board games but my brain is overloaded and not motivated.  I need help!   :-[

...the computer one not the cardboard version, then?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 31, 2018, 11:55:04 AM
Take a nap. That'll clear things up for you. Works for me.  :bd:

I'm afraid if I take a nap I'll wake up the next morning and have to go to work!  But maybe I need to give this a try over the weekend. 

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 31, 2018, 02:51:55 PM

...the computer one not the cardboard version, then?

Haha!  Yes you have a point but then my poor cardboard games will feel sad and neglected. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Huw the Poo

Quote from: W8taminute on March 31, 2018, 04:10:47 PM
I'm afraid if I take a nap I'll wake up the next morning and have to go to work!

Thanks, that particular mouthful of beer looks much better on my keyboard than it would have in my stomach!  ;D

Hofstadter

Last night  I worked a bit more on my Napoleon vide. Had to rewrite and rerecord two paragraphs of my script three times when I realised there was stuff that kept messing up my chronological editing. That hurt. All that's left to do now is the battle of berezhina.

Gaming wise, trying to get the batter half to play some l33t Souls with me and maybe some steel division
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Vintage Dude

At first, the nap gives you the energy to achieve your goal, playing the game. However, eventually the nap becomes the desired goal itself and the game is forgotten.

Gusington

Hof - your Napoleon vid? Are you the next Stanley Kubrick?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

I'm exactly the same way. The last thing that I want to do after work is bust out a board game. Much easier to just play digital.

Hofstadter

Quote from: Gusington on March 31, 2018, 05:48:43 PM
Hof - your Napoleon vid? Are you the next Stanley Kubrick?

I have three videos detailing Napoleon's actions in the invasion of Russia. For the first two the script it decent, but the editing sucks. This last one is all about the retreat from Moscow. Last night I finished editing the troop movements that lead to the battle of the berezhina river.

Yo know the end of the second season of the walking dead, with the zombies all going to farmhouse and the dramatic music. I used that music for the segment and it crescendos when Napoleon, Wittgenstein, kutuzov and chuchagov all converge at Borisov. It's dramatic and cheesy and I LOVE IT
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Excellent song choice. Didn't know it.

Playing mostly Endless Legend and Civilization VI. I play my first full game of both and am having fun with Civilization VI...my first impressions were bad but now i really have the one more turn thing and i can't stop playing it. On my list is still Surviving Mars but the lack of tutorial keeps me from playing it...guess i am getting old.

Gusington

How are you liking Endless Legend? Going to start a campaign soon.

Going to play a little Lords of the Fallen, Planescape: Torment and a dwarf Warhammer: Total War game very soon too.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd