Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Started by MetalDog, June 09, 2017, 11:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

I'm fine with loot boxes as long as they meet the following qualifications

1) loot is cosmetic only.

2) it fits in with the general game format. A loot chest for a multiplayer first person shooter or MOBA is fine. A loot chest system for a single person action game or rpg? Not so much.
Insert witty comment here.

mbar

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 03, 2018, 12:01:18 PM
I think these kind of micro-transactions have generally been very unpopular and have been received very negatively. There is evidence that the AAA developers are receiving the message.

I hope so. SoW went from day one buy to wait for steep discount when they unveiled their stupid cash grab micro transactions.

Gusington

I pre-ordered the game and found it derivative and uninspiring, even dull in spots...not even taking the loot crates in to consderation. Biggest disappointment in some time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on April 03, 2018, 01:42:38 PM
I pre-ordered the game and found it derivative and uninspiring, even dull in spots...not even taking the loot crates in to consderation. Biggest disappointment in some time.

Yeah, I eventually got bored and dropped it.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Surprised you guys disliked it so much. I thought the first game was very good and felt that this one was very much like it, but larger in scope. Yes, like all things, it got repetitive, but not more so than other games in the genre.

Overall, I think its a high-quality and enjoyable title.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

My issue is that I had to slog through a lot more similar gameplay as found in the first game to finally get to the new siege component. By that time (about 20 hours) I was getting disappointed/bored. I wanted the new stuff sooner. If I had never played the original I would have loved this.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on April 09, 2018, 08:34:44 AM
If I had never played the original I would have loved this.

sounds like I should dive in
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

You'll probably love it. For me, it's not that it's a bad game just that the new content wasn't introduced soon enough. I wanted to get to the siege of Minis Tirith (or wherever) sooner rather than later.

That said, wait a while longer and you should be able to snag it for like 5 dollah, like the first game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd