Surviving Mars (merged threads)

Started by steve58, May 12, 2017, 10:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Quote from: salazarus on March 16, 2018, 10:18:10 AM
I think it is not worth the money now. It needs some polishing and maybe one or two dlc. Lack of tutorial is a big minus because  UI isn't very intuitive and hits aren't helpful. For example if you want to move drones from one drone station to another you have to do this one by one, because you can select only one. It will be very annoying if you want to move larger numbers of them. I was annoyed after moving
only 10. Feedback from game also isn't very good. You will get message that people are starving, but game won't tell you why. I don't know how many grocery shops or restaurants you need for your colony. I've got one man starving in my colony so I've added extra worker to my grocery. It didn't change anything. I had to build restaurant. There is a lot of similar quirks that can be very annoying in long run.

i found out you can disassemble drones at a hub (send them back to the pool in the factory) and reconstruct them later at other hubs  so no need to send one over (which is a pain indeed)

starving: when i pressed the message, screen went to the copula.
you either didn't have euf green food bricks stored, at least near the copula in question, or the drones are to few and to busy to deliver them in time from a depot to the grocery or diner  ....there is a info about how many visited a place if you click a place  and somewhere in those colonist's 'happiness' bars how many colonists where not able to full fill their needs... Yes there is a learning curve to overcome with the UI and where is which info to be found, indeed. (i had some lets plays as a hint so)   

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Anyone still playing this? It's on sale on Steam and I'm itching for a new purchase as I skipped the last sale.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2018, 03:12:30 AM
Anyone still playing this? It's on sale on Steam and I'm itching for a new purchase as I skipped the last sale.

you can pick it up for like $8 at kinguin...might make your decision easier

https://www.kinguin.net/category/46831/surviving-mars-steam-cd-key/?r=3445&nosalesbooster=1&utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 21, 2018, 06:09:15 AM

https://www.kinguin.net/category/46831/surviving-mars-steam-cd-key/?r=3445&nosalesbooster=1&utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop
Thanks. I may well do that. It's not a "must have" for me, but it looks mildly interesting. It might hold my attention for a few hours. The quiet surrounding the game hasn't made me think it's a dozey and doesn't really make me want to pay alot for it.
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2018, 08:05:01 AM

Thanks. I may well do that. It's not a "must have" for me, but it looks mildly interesting. It might hold my attention for a few hours. The quiet surrounding the game hasn't made me think it's a dozey and doesn't really make me want to pay alot for it.

Wasn't Kinquin the one where IL2 revoked all the licenses?

Grim.Reaper

Yes but wasn't store fault and they have them all back after they realized was wrong.  Game also on sale at green man for a few more dollars but still cheaper than steam

JudgeDredd

^What he said.

As far as I'm concerned, Kinguin if it were illegal - would be shut down. The developers of IL2 took a dim view and didn't like it. That's fine and up to them - but it doesn't mean my purchase was illegal. And how could it be really? It was activated on their servers.

But lets look at this scenario. Someone jumps on the internet looking for a WWII flight sim. They see Kinguin, right up there in Googles search, along with others. It's showing it at a better discounted price than other sites.

The developers of IL2 were trying to say it's MY job to understand the business model of Kinguin - to understand how they can discount the product. How does that make any sense? For all I know, Kinguin could be doing what alot of companies do - dropping the price on a particular product and making the money in some other way - by upping the price of another product or advertising most likely. Either way, there's a plethora of ways for Kinguin to sell a product at a discounted price.

Has ANYONE here checked to see if Steam is discounting lawfully?

From my perspective (so not necessarily from the laws perspective) what they did was illegal. They ripped the product from my drive (essentially). I paid for that and they took it away - without even knowing where I got it. These were legal keys - activated on THEIR servers. They said they found a batch of keys missing. Well, if that's the case, why was I able to register them on your servers. And if you did lose, them, well then, look after your product.

Expecting me to look after your product for you is ludicrous.

Remember - I'm not talking about me here. I suspect Kinguin is grey licensing. My view is, if they're not illegal, they're valid to shop from.

Anyway - they did come good and did what they should've done instead of just disabling everyones keys.

Quote from: Tuna on December 22, 2018, 08:40:47 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2018, 08:05:01 AM

Wasn't Kinquin the one where IL2 revoked all the licenses?
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Yep, I have no idea how these sites do it...but have always wondered if illegal, how come they are allowed to stay active?  Its not like they are hidden on the dark web, they are in plain view of everyone and I am pretty sure every publisher (therefore the proper authorities) knows about them.  And I am just not talking about Kinguin, there are plenty more popular ones (cdkeys, instant gaming, etc.) as well.

Maybe it makes me a bad person, but I plan to continue buying from these places as long as my experience is good with them.  Knock on wood, I have never had an issue with any of them so as long as they have the cheapest price, I will purchase from them.  However, it does seem like their prices aren't as good as they use to be so for that reason only, not purchasing as much as I used to from them.  But rest assured, if they do have the best price, I easily would pull the trigger and still be able to sleep at night:) 

As for IL-2 and Kinguin, I actually had a great experience with them, which even made me come back and buy more.  As soon as my keys were removed by the publisher, I contacted the company and within minutes and with no questions, they fully refunded my product.  They really were under no obligation to do that, regardless of how much I was angry.

I realize some people won't purchase from them or others "like" them and that is perfectly fine....to each his own I guess:)

Tuna

The software company came good. I remember you being pretty pissed during the whole thing JD!

Can you blame the software company, when their price is being dragged down in a 'shady' manner? I think they did the right thing, because a lot of people bought extra expansions/modules after the fact at normal storefronts (you needed BoS to play them - the customer, figured they bought it legally - which is true).

Anyways good to see you playing IL2 Box a lot lately!  O0

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on December 23, 2018, 08:32:49 AM

Can you blame the software company, when their price is being dragged down in a 'shady' manner? I think they did the right thing, because a lot of people bought extra expansions/modules after the fact at normal storefronts (you needed BoS to play them - the customer, figured they bought it legally - which is true).

Yes, kind of can blame them for the reasons JD stated.  There are some people that don't know its a "risk" purchasing from these types of places so globally removing an item they purchased without any warning is not necessarily the best way to go about it.

Certainly in my case I knew enough to assume there is "risk", but not everyone is aware of that and when people do searches and those companies are listed as options, its very easy to pull the trigger.

Tuna

They way they got it cheap I thought is people buying Keys and revoking the sales on their CC. Maybe stolen CCs. So the company didn't get their money.. So it was essentially 'stolen' goods.

When something is stolen, you have the right to get it back. The middle company (Kinquin) is the one at fault here. I'm surprised they survived this unscathed being a fence for stolen goods.

I'm not defending IL2.. they screwed a lot of people.. I understand why the did it. I also understand and I'm glad that they changed their mind. However, lesson learned. I will not be buying from Kinquin.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on December 23, 2018, 09:03:18 AM
They way they got it cheap I thought is people buying Keys and revoking the sales on their CC. Maybe stolen CCs. So the company didn't get their money.. So it was essentially 'stolen' goods.

When something is stolen, you have the right to get it back. The middle company (Kinquin) is the one at fault here. I'm surprised they survived this unscathed being a fence for stolen goods.

I'm not defending IL2.. they screwed a lot of people.. I understand why the did it. I also understand and I'm glad that they changed their mind. However, lesson learned. I will not be buying from Kinquin.

do you have an article or source where their methods have been absolutely confirmed?

again i am not defending kinguin or anyone else, no idea how they do it.  but if stolen and using credit card purchases, just wonder how they stay in business then.  fanatical and greenman have had a lot of deals cheaper than kinguin, are they suspected of unfair practices too if their prices are lower?

Tuna

No, just trying to remember from the thread that appeared here way back when JD almost got screwed.

I think of Kinquin as the Ebay of games.. I would never buy software on ebay. lol. .I remember with someone who was a pc tech.. used to sell all the CD's that came with systems, back when manufacturers used to give you a Windows CD with each system. He eventually got cease and desist mail from Microsoft!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on December 23, 2018, 09:52:16 AM
No, just trying to remember from the thread that appeared here way back when JD almost got screwed.

I think of Kinquin as the Ebay of games.. I would never buy software on ebay. lol. .I remember with someone who was a pc tech.. used to sell all the CD's that came with systems, back when manufacturers used to give you a Windows CD with each system. He eventually got cease and desist mail from Microsoft!

Gotcha...I have seen people speculate as well, just have never seen anything official.  So I guess I will continue to live dangerously until the authorities clearly determine it is illegal and shut them down:)