New patches for WINSPWW2 & WINSPMBT

Started by Oche, March 03, 2017, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: DoctorQuest on March 30, 2018, 08:57:55 PM
I forget if it's MBT or WW2 that requires you to confirm the overwrite of files. I know you will have issues if you click NO.

I'm sorry I can't help much more without looking at your system... :(

MBT requires this. The WW2 title does not.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: BradS62 on March 30, 2018, 06:31:03 PM
SPWW2 I let it install on default.

C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

Are you sure you're using the right patch?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 31, 2018, 04:41:31 AM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on March 30, 2018, 08:57:55 PM
I forget if it's MBT or WW2 that requires you to confirm the overwrite of files. I know you will have issues if you click NO.

I'm sorry I can't help much more without looking at your system... :(

MBT requires this. The WW2 title does not.

Copy that. Thanks, JH.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

BradS62

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 31, 2018, 04:45:36 AM
Quote from: BradS62 on March 30, 2018, 06:31:03 PM
SPWW2 I let it install on default.

C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

Are you sure you're using the right patch?

Yeah 9.0 is supposed to upgrade 8.1 to 9.0  When the update runs it says it successfully installed, until I open up the game and check which version I have.

BradS62

Pete Dero

^ I think you only unzipped the files into the correct folder but you also need to run the unzipped (latest = ver.11) upgrade exe file before they are installed in this folder.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 31, 2018, 12:01:03 PM
^ I think you only unzipped the files into the correct folder but you also need to run the unzipped (latest = ver.11) upgrade exe file before they are installed in this folder.

DING DING DING!!! I think we have a winner.

Yes, it is a two step process. Unzip the 'upgrade' file somewhere and then double click on the upgrade file to run it.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

BradS62

That is odd. I've run the 9.0 install. Just ran 11.0 and it's still showing 8.1 Both versions (9.0&v11) are showing in the folder but in-game says 8.1

Staggerwing

Are they installing to the wrong folder? If the installer chooses the folder path for you it might not be the one you actually have the game in. You would have to change the path yourself to the correct one.

Also, make sure that Windows isn't automatically rolling back your install due to overzealous malware protection settings.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

I have done the unthinkable....I actually purchased the paid version finally:)  Have to say, the enhanced resolution does make a fairly big difference....I hesitated all this time for nothing.  Look forward to diving back into this.

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 04, 2018, 05:48:16 PM
I have done the unthinkable....I actually purchased the paid version finally:)  Have to say, the enhanced resolution does make a fairly big difference....I hesitated all this time for nothing.  Look forward to diving back into this.

Was it on sale?

Grim.Reaper

Tuna

Grim.Reaper

i am sure the rest will be soon for holidays....

Rayfer

Which is the better of the two iterations?