New patches for WINSPWW2 & WINSPMBT

Started by Oche, March 03, 2017, 12:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oche

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Oche

Grim.Reaper

Hate when this comes up...always tempted, never pull the trigger

Oche

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 04, 2017, 07:09:21 AM
Hate when this comes up...always tempted, never pull the trigger

I reckon they won't go fading out all of a sudden, improvement and upgrading have been constant for some time now despite game engine limitations and age, etc. 

Grim.Reaper

Wasn't really concerned about their longevity and commitment to future enhancements....its just me not sure I would personally get $40 out of this older game.  I completely understand it has a TON of content, but any time I tried to play the FREE version, didn't last long.  Always curious if the enhanced paid version would make that big of a difference for my enjoyment....hence my hesitation.

RyanE

I have the enhanced version.  If the free version doesn't float your boat, the enhanced version is just nice things to make the interface a little more flexible and a few menu add ons.  Never felt it was worth the $40 vs the free version.  The paid version has some nice tools for editing units and such.  So if you do a lot of mods, it might be worth it.

Jarhead0331

Paid version has enhanced resolution. That was the biggest draw for me. No regrets.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

I would be most interested in the enhanced version for the increased resolution only...just wasn't sure how much it actually improved the look and feel for $40. 

Some day I will cave....can't argue with the content and features.

Philippe

As monitor screens get bigger, it becomes harder and harder to play the free version.

Trouble is, the screens have gotten so big that the $40 version doesn't seem much better.  At $10 or $20 a lot more people would be pulling the trigger.

Ten to fifteen years ago $40 was a fair price, but it doesn't make much sense now.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

WallysWorld

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 04, 2017, 08:45:27 AM
Paid version has enhanced resolution. That was the biggest draw for me. No regrets.
Agree! The increased resolution made a big difference for me. On my 25" at 1920x1080, the games look great.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

acctingman

Hopefully the "new" Steel Tigers game will come out before I croak......rather wait for that than buy the older looking game. I did enjoy Steel Panther...15 yrs ago  ;)

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: WallysWorld on March 04, 2017, 11:20:50 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 04, 2017, 08:45:27 AM
Agree! The increased resolution made a big difference for me. On my 25" at 1920x1080, the games look great.
+1
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat