The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2019, 05:15:00 PM
I knew you, out of everyone, would respond within 5 minutes :)

So in one corner I have the Civ VI Platinum Edition (above) for 39.99.

In the other corner I have Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition, Plague Tale, Ottoman and Austrian expansions for Battle of Empires, and Warhammer: Man o  War - Corsair...for a total of ~72.00.

What to do...

...how is the mod scene for Civ VI? If I want to play a campaign entirely in the Middle Ages or the Renaissance, can I now? And will I really get over that cartoony look of everything?

gah

There a lot of mods for Civ VI. My Favourite is the Yet (not) Another Maps Pack which has some great, very large, full world maps.
I have no idea if there are mods for Middle ages only or Renaissance only campaigns.
There is one that is entirely ancient world mod called Anno Domini - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1655044827
Haven't played it but they are putting a lot of work into it.

No idea what JP is talking about.....  :o

JasonPratt

Man-o-War: Corsair was included in his other optional list of things to grab.

I love it like cake, but should be considered with lowered expectations.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Thank you Pratt - a lot of reviews say what you are saying too. Which is why I haven't actually bought Corsair. Will probably delete it from my cart again.

The reviews on Steam for Civ VI are 'mixed' - mainly because of information sharing, EULA, crappy pricing policies (which I am thinking of taking advantage of), etc. There are many reviews that mention 'cartooniness' can be overcome and there are even mods to affect it.

39.99 is almost too good to pass up...I have a day to make up my mind.

And of course there is Divinity...almost universally loved.

DAMMIT

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Newegg has Sid Meier's Civilization VI Platinum for $29.99.   Site says its for Mac, but its a Steam key and should work for PCs (see comments in the link).

Includes:
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Civilization VI - Vikings Scenario Pack
Civilization VI - Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI - Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI - Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI - Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI - Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall expansion
Civilization VI: Gathering Storm expansion
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Humble Bundle has a New Year sale on EA products, which unfortunately seems to be available only to Americans :(

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/ea-new-year-sale/?hmb_source=store_home

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tpek on January 03, 2020, 01:34:39 PM
Humble Bundle has a New Year sale on EA products, which unfortunately seems to be available only to Americans :(

Available in the UK too.

Tpek, try the Fanatical EA sale?

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 03, 2020, 02:30:09 PM
Quote from: Tpek on January 03, 2020, 01:34:39 PM

Available in the UK too.

Tpek, try the Fanatical EA sale?

LoL I'm getting a Page Not Found from the Fanatical one.

Damn, these region restriction/pricing policies just keep getting worse and worse.

steve58

Gamersgate has IL2-Sturmovik 1946 for $1.87 for the next ~25 hours (Steam key).  Cheapest I've ever seen....

Pete Dero

https://store.steampowered.com/news/57848/

Half-Life: Alyx is coming in March, and we are celebrating early by making all games in the Half-Life Series FREE to play for Steam users, from now until the day it launches!

Includes :

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two

FlickJax

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 22, 2020, 03:37:00 AM
https://store.steampowered.com/news/57848/

Half-Life: Alyx is coming in March, and we are celebrating early by making all games in the Half-Life Series FREE to play for Steam users, from now until the day it launches!

Includes :

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Loved half life 2 one of my fav gaming experiences

Gusington

I bought the Spintires Chernobyl bundle (original game, dlc and new Chernobyl map) for 5.99 last night because I am a gaming floozy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

I am try to reform my floozy ways but I did buy WilderMyth (not on sale) last week.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd