Main Menu

FRIDAY 6 and 2

Started by MetalDog, November 15, 2019, 06:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

These kids do an awesome job of this song!

The gaming weekend will consist of pbem turns of Field of Glory:Empire and Civ IV:BtS as Darius. 

Have a great one Grogs!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Anguille

Excellent version of this song  :dreamer:

Are playing Darius in both games?

I've completed some of the games i had mentionned last friday and am satisfied: Stars in Shadow (lost), Strardrive 2 (lost), Master of Orion: CtS (scientific victory with the Sakkras  :bd:).

Now, tonight i may play a little of my Civ 6 campaign with Korea.

Then i'll be on a field trip for three weeks, starting playing on sunday (thus still valid for this thread). The plan is to go fully retro with my 2011 acer netbook:

- Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle (2001). Full battle.
- Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory (2002). Full battle
- Civil War Generals 2: Grant, Lee, Sherman (1997) . Full campaign as the Confederacy.
- Master of Orion 3 (2003). Full campaign with the Tachidis (it's been a while since i last played it).
- Broken Sword 3: the sleeping dragon (2003)

FlickJax

Quote from: Anguille on November 15, 2019, 07:39:50 AM
Excellent version of this song  :dreamer:

Are playing Darius in both games?

I've completed some of the games i had mentionned last friday and am satisfied: Stars in Shadow (lost), Strardrive 2 (lost), Master of Orion: CtS (scientific victory with the Sakkras  :bd:).

Now, tonight i may play a little of my Civ 6 campaign with Korea.

Then i'll be on a field trip for three weeks, starting playing on sunday (thus still valid for this thread). The plan is to go fully retro with my 2011 acer netbook:

- Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle (2001). Full battle.
- Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory (2002). Full battle
- Civil War Generals 2: Grant, Lee, Sherman (1997) . Full campaign as the Confederacy.
- Master of Orion 3 (2003). Full campaign with the Tachidis.
- Broken Sword 3: the sleeping dragon (2003)

Some great gaming there sir, if your eyes can take it :)

Gusington

I need to watch that video when I get home. Almost had tickets to see Tool tomorrow in NJ but could not afford them in the end :/

This weekend will see me continue to soldier through Witcher 2, which is still running like crap on my machine but still captivates with great writing and quests.

And I am so happy with the release of Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition I burst. There is so much new content I will be playing for years, just like the original.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Well...I have two rigs set up on a KVM switch in my new office, but the main new rig that I will use with my flight gear and VR is still not set up. I had that setback with the broken 43" 4k LG monitor and I'm reluctant to set everything up until the replacement arrives.

There is a lot I can do with the PCs I do have up and running, but I'm sort of in that rut where I watch a lot of other people playing games on youtube, but never actually run anything myself. Maybe I'll dabble in some Command: Modern Operations, or Unity of Command II. Maybe I'll install the new Star Wars game since I have access through Origins Premier? Dunno...we'll see. I was supposed to start a trial today, but it adjourned so I've been so busy prepping witnesses and getting ready that I'm mentally and physically drained. I'll probably sleep a lot if baby lets me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

Continuing to work on BoC and my CWII game.  Maybe a little messing around with CMO.  I've been thinking about doing an AAR on the "Chains of War DLC" and this might be a good opportunity to start that.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Huw the Poo

There's a video on Youtube somewhere of some kids playing The Pot by Tool, and Danny was on drums.  Supposedly he just happened to be there and was invited to play.  He grins from ear to ear all the way through!

Gusington

Forgot to mention I will be fighting the urge to pick up Unity of Command 2 as well. I got the bug for it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Gusington on November 15, 2019, 09:05:03 AM
I need to watch that video when I get home. Almost had tickets to see Tool tomorrow in NJ but could not afford them in the end :/

If it makes you feel any better I've been a fan since Aenima, but since I'm UK-based, I've never got to see them during one of their many world tours of a few US cities. ::)

Gusington

Me neither. I did see A Perfect Circle open for Nine Inch Nails at Madison Square Garden about 20 years ago, though.  That was some show.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: FlickJax on November 15, 2019, 07:51:16 AM

Some great gaming there sir, if your eyes can take it :)

Pretty much my usual: Unity of Command2 and War Thunder

Rayfer

Going old school with Tiller's Panzer Campaign: Smolensk 41' and ACW Campaign Gettysburg.  Just scenarios, not the full campaign in either.

-budd-

Ramping up the pbem play, got turns for FOG2, BA1 and BA2 to play. Definitely some Warplan, game rocks, probably some more Space Beast Terror Fright and sprinkle in some Armored Brigade which i have neglected lately. That may all change as i see the new Doom is 67% off on Steam, I'm urging to murder, death, kill some virtual shit, and demon hellspawn fit the bill.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

DoctorQuest

Heading to the Little Apple to watch my daughter's alma mater Kansas State play West Virginia. Tomorrow should be a beautiful day for a football game. GO CATS!!!!

I will count this as gaming for the weekend......  :bd:
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Wolfe1759

Probably start a new campaign of Stars in Shadow which is starting to become my go to space 4X and possibly some Grand Ages Medieval.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill