Eliminate One Song from the Universe

Started by BanzaiCat, February 03, 2018, 11:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Sounds like BC has a green light for the worst song ever brackets ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

LOL...yeah it does innit.

I already started. I think this is going to be a lot harder. MD kindly shared with me how he approached his lists, but for something like this, there's no Billboard 100 Top Worst Songs.

I'm probably going to have to make it a bit more generic and say "the top lamest songs of all time" and not necessarily the "worst" songs of all time. I can imagine how much crap gets released by "record labels" that are some tweaker in his garage thinking he's the next big rap mogul. We're probably going to have to go with mainstream songs that actually were released on a wide basis. So, you know, songs people (might have) heard of.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Heh. How was this band ever even a band??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 03, 2018, 05:31:16 PMsay "the top lamest songs of all time" and not necessarily the "worst" songs of all time.

what would be at least a little funny is if one of your brackets was just a repeat of one of MD's brackets and you just pick the worst instead of the best...  :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2018, 05:41:06 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 03, 2018, 05:31:16 PMsay "the top lamest songs of all time" and not necessarily the "worst" songs of all time.

what would be at least a little funny is if one of your brackets was just a repeat of one of MD's brackets and you just pick the worst instead of the best...  :)

Hahahahahaha! Effing Brilliant!!!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

See, now, some of the songs y'all are posting, and ones I'm finding online, I kind of like.

But, I can't let that guide or decide things, unless I'm trying to pare down a list to 16 to start each year off. Or just because I feel like it, because, you know, my list and all.

Though thanks for letting the cat out of the bag, Brant - I had actually thought it would be hilarious to mimic one of MD's top 16 song-for-song just to see who was paying attention. ;D

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2018, 05:34:54 PM
Heh. How was this band ever even a band??

I don't mind that one so much.

Their George of the Jungle theme song was the real travesty

and without this
Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2018, 05:33:03 PM

we never would've had
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 03, 2018, 06:05:52 PM
Though thanks for letting the cat out of the bag, Brant - I had actually thought it would be hilarious to mimic one of MD's top 16 song-for-song just to see who was paying attention. ;D

sorry...

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2018, 06:09:23 PM

sorry...

No you're not.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on February 03, 2018, 06:13:33 PM

sorry...

No you're not.

at least a little; sorry the initial humor of it got ruined by BC not being able to just spring it on everyone

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2018, 06:15:41 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 03, 2018, 06:13:33 PM

sorry...

No you're not.

at least a little; sorry the initial humor of it got ruined by BC not being able to just spring it on everyone

Ha, don't worry about it. I was just toying with the idea. Who knows what might come up though... ;)