No Escape (Netflix Movie)

Started by BanzaiCat, July 14, 2017, 08:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

When I saw this pop up on Netflix a few days ago and saw it was Owen Wilson in it, I immediately assumed it was some kind of dumb slapstick comedy, as he is wont to do. I was NOT expecting it to be a dramatic movie, nor to see it as highly rated as it was:

I have to say, he was very impressive in this film, as was Pierce Brosnan. I think it's well worth a look - lots of tension and action in it.

JasonPratt

Wow! -- very 13 hoursish!

I read somewhere that Owen Wilson went through a really rough personal time a few years ago and kind of re-assessed what he was doing with his life. Glad to see he's back to work. (Brosnan could relate, probably, with the death of his wife, though that wasn't Wilson's problem that I recall.)

Martin Campbell's new film coming out this year with Brosnan as an North Irish politician in London being hunted by a super grim dead-eyed grieving Jackie Chan, looks amazing, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!