Main Menu

Occupied

Started by BanzaiCat, January 28, 2016, 12:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I saw the one about Troy too but haven't watched it yet. Also there's a new movie about Troy too so... a little confusing for old minds like mine. I just finished, " The Frankenstein Chronicles", 2 seasons, and while I really liked it.... maybe not everyone else will. Sean Bean never goes 'Boromir' on anybody and starts tearing-off limbs or anything. But a good 1830's British Mystery series, well acted with some surprises. Not a lot of action though.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I put Frankenstein Chronicles in my queue as well. I am hoping it has some bits in common with Penny Dreadful but it doesn't sound like it does.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

The 'Troy' movie sucks. I'd avoid that one, at least until you completely run out of things to watch, SS.

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on April 11, 2018, 06:53:04 AM
I put Frankenstein Chronicles in my queue as well. I am hoping it has some bits in common with Penny Dreadful but it doesn't sound like it does.

Frankenstein Chronicles is damn good. Highly recommended.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Thanks for the heads-up about Troy the movie BC. I'm trying to get my wife hooked on The Punisher so I'll have an excuse to watch it again.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 11, 2018, 07:50:58 AM
The 'Troy' movie sucks. I'd avoid that one, at least until you completely run out of things to watch, SS.

the new one? or the Pitt/Bana one?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

It's a new one. The old one I kind of liked.  :o (SHOCK)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 11, 2018, 09:58:51 AM

The Pitt/Bana one. Haven't seen the new one yet.

Pete Dero

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 11, 2018, 10:19:44 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 11, 2018, 09:58:51 AM

The Pitt/Bana one. Haven't seen the new one yet.

I remember a thing that was good about it ...

bayonetbrant

Aside from some stilted dialogue from Pitt every here and there, I enjoyed the Troy movie with him and Bana.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I'm someone that will watch a movie multiple times if I like it. Once was enough for me on that one.

Sir Slash

Right, if the Trojans had figured-out at the start they needed to give Legolas a bow, they would've won the war.

Gusington

They're taking the hobbits to Eisengard!!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

But Gimli was the best Jedi in all of Hogwarts!