Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Cromwell, Churchill and Sherman tanks inside No. 3 tank repair bay at 22nd Advanced Base Workshops, near Brussels, 19th May 1945.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Looks like that 1st one on the left is a Churchill AVRE with spigot mortar. Also note the US marking on the turret top- probably a good way of keeping from getting rocketed by a twitchy Thunderbolt pilot.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Windigo

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 20, 2014, 06:31:25 AM
Looks like that 1st one on the left is a Churchill AVRE with spigot mortar. Also note the US marking on the turret top- probably a good way of keeping from getting rocketed by a twitchy Thunderbolt pilot.

because Tempest pilots passed tank identification before they were allowed to go shoot up armour?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

Quote75mm gun being salvaged from a knocked-out Sherman tank at 26th Armoured Brigade workshops in Perugia, 30th June 1944.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteSherman Firefly of 22nd Armoured Brigade, 7th Armoured Division comes ashore from an LST, Gold Beach, 7th June 1944

Centurion40

Like the soldiers in the glider, at look at pics like the one above and wonder what they went through after landing.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bob48

Especially since Firefly's soon became priority targets.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on June 05, 2014, 12:45:23 PM
Especially since Firefly's soon became priority targets.

Yeah, that was my thought too. Head of the column with that extra long barrel drawing attention. Things probably didn't go so well.

Staggerwing

Those were probably the first ones that Wittmann punched out at Villers-Bocage.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bob48

I'll have to check up on that. I seem to recall that it was a recce unit he wasted, so it was Cromwells rather than anything else. Lots M3 h/tracks and armoured cars as well.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

I recall reading somewhere that he knocked out at least 1 Firefly.

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 06, 2014, 06:30:53 AM
I recall reading somewhere that he knocked out at least 1 Firefly.

He would have made a good FOX exec.

<badum tish>

Staggerwing

GDS_Starfury

Depending on whos story you buy into it was a Firefly that killed him.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 06, 2014, 07:21:33 PM
Depending on whos story you buy into it was a Firefly that killed him.

And supposedly, the gunner was a kid who'd only ever fire 5 rounds before that. Who knows?