Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2019, 11:59:27 AM
Did the Roman Gus problem get fixed?  ???

He is still shown as Rome at the minute.

I will PM him to remind him.

If he can't change it do you want to take another country ?

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

PROBLEM: Trying to access the MP console has resulted in the game crashing, twice. Any suggestions?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on July 14, 2019, 01:14:51 PM
PROBLEM: Trying to access the MP console has resulted in the game crashing, twice. Any suggestions?

If you got the error code box with the three options...tab down and across and click "ignore"

It is a known problem they are working on but that will get you in and allow you to play MP

al_infierno

It looks like the server is having issues, but when I checked the other day, it seemed there was an option to simply leave the game and re-join.  That should solve our little Roman Gus problem whenever the servers kick their cough.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on July 14, 2019, 02:34:05 PM
It looks like the server is having issues, but when I checked the other day, it seemed there was an option to simply leave the game and re-join.  That should solve our little Roman Gus problem whenever the servers kick their cough.

The coup in Rome is hopefully sorted  O0

al_infierno

Quote from: devoncop on July 14, 2019, 02:40:58 PM

BTW, I noticed you joined another public game as Carthage and helpfully inserted myself in as Numidia.  Howdilly doodilly neighborino  :D  ;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on July 14, 2019, 02:48:26 PM
Quote from: devoncop on July 14, 2019, 02:40:58 PM

BTW, I noticed you joined another public game as Carthage and helpfully inserted myself in as Numidia.  Howdilly doodilly neighborino  :D  ;D

Oh God ! ( all of them !)

I feel ill 😱

That's the problem with moving house.....you can't choose the neighbours !

Gusington

Hmm ok I will try. The game froze my machine though and I could not select anything the first couple of times, had to reboot.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Ok worked through the error messages like 10 times :/ and am now signed up as Bactria.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

That means Tripoli can now sign in as Rome; although he might wait to do so until Thursday or so? (In order not to trigger an autostart.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2019, 06:24:20 PM
That means Tripoli can now sign in as Rome; although he might wait to do so until Thursday or so? (In order not to trigger an autostart.)

Sorry was on the road all weekend with little/no connectivity. I understand Gus "the unsurper" took Rome on turn 0.  Yes, he such a good strategist he conquered Rome before the game started O0.  I don't have any trouble with Gus having Rome, but now do I understand he no longer has Rome?  Let me know how ya'll want to handle it.  I'm good with any nation.  As far as doing an autostart-If I'm the last player to log on, I can delay until 18 July to give everyone a chance to learn/practice some more.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I took Bactria. Rome is yours. For now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

....I feel like if Bactria reaches and conquers Rome, the rest of us should automatically make peace with Gus at once...  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2019, 09:47:09 PM
....I feel like if Bactria reaches and conquers Rome, the rest of us should automatically make peace with Gus at once...  :o

The concept of Bactria taking Rome exists only in the mind of a crazed despotic Camel loving Leader who has recently declared himself a Consul of Rome.....I say no more than that  :2funny:

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd