Wings of Glory: WWI part deux: The re-dampening

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, April 23, 2018, 07:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

So the rest of my shipment arrived this morning...and to commemorate, I went and bought two of the really BIG boys.  The Zeppelin bomber is awesomely huge!  I wanted to get the one with the argyle sock camo but they only had the blue one in stock. 

This morning's haul.

A Hannover in sock drawer camo.

Another Siemens Schuckert because you need several when they only fielded like three during the war.

Fokker DVII

A flaming Halberstadt

The Brit planes look so plain and dull in comparison 

Sopwith Snipe

Bristol F.2B

And the big boys.

Handley-Page O/400 (RNAS livery)

size comparison.

Zeppelin Staaken R.IV

These things are massive!  They dwarf the B-17G from Wings of Glory WWII and that thing is pretty substantial.  Wings of Glory WWI is 1:144 scale whereas WWII is 1:200.

BanzaiCat

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 23, 2018, 07:24:18 PM
I wanted to get the one with the argyle sock camo but they only had the blue one in stock. 

<..>

A Hannover in sock drawer camo.

;D

Are you describing the German "Lozenge" camo scheme with those descriptions?  The type with all the irregular hexagons of multiple colors? 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  I think they look great but they always reminded me of Argyle socks for some reason.

Nefaro

Was usually my favored camo when flying in ROF and WOFF.

Albatroses  :smitten:

BanzaiCat

Silent Disapproval Robot

Hey Barth, CoolStuffInc just got a new batch of stuff in.  They've got copies of the trench mat available.

Barthheart

Barthheart

Yeah... no. $24.99 USD for the mat is not a bad price... but $33 USD for shipping?!?  :pullhair:

Silent Disapproval Robot

Ouch!  Did you check any of the other places I posted in the other thread?  They might have cheaper shipping.  Or get it delivered to someone going to Origins and snag it there!

Barthheart

Yeah I went to all the places you posted and most were out of stock or prices that were just too high...$74.99 CAD at one place???

And of course I'm not going to Origins this year.....  :'(

BanzaiCat

Barth, you have a US address for deliveries, don't you? I know it's a haul for you to get there but maybe it's worth not paying some Commie your life savings to ship a four pound package.

Barthheart

Yep I have a US address... but that option has become less attractive since the price of gas is now $1.35/L here... still less than what SDR has to put up with but it's still an 80KM drive one-way.

So unless I order a bunch of stuff at the same time OR one thing that's really heavy, ie car rims - $150 USD shipped to my house vs $45 USD shipped to US address, I don't really save anything.

Sigh... 1st world problems... I still have a 4'x6' colour printed map we use for Wing of Glory.... but the mats are just cool and wear better....

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's $1.57/L here now.  Drive down, fill up on cheap Murican gas, get your mat, grab a few cases of cheap watery lager and a giant brick of cheese and make a day of it!