Enemy Coast Ahead (dambusters raid)

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, March 08, 2015, 02:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Turn 4.

Coordination phase.  Bart, your wave is in good formation so you don't need to do anything this phase.

Staggerwing, with Maltby's plane down you no longer have the penalty from the map reading error.  To re-coordinate your wave you need a 5 or better.  You can use a Very Light and then you'll need a 4 or better on 2D6.

UCG, you'll need a 6 or better to re-coordinate your wave unless you use a Very Light and then you'll need a 5 or better on 2D6

Amazingly there hasn't been a single detachment from any wave so far so no stragglers have been created.  Regardless of the outcomes of your co-ordination checks, all three waves will be long gone from this zone when the hazard checks roll around so the use of flares won't generate any additional hazards. 

You can also roll nav checks after your co-ordination checks.
Bart and Stagger need 6 or better on 2D6.  UCG needs 7 or better. 

undercovergeek

I'm a 6 for recoordinating

And 8 for nav

Silent Disapproval Robot

OK, your flight is able to reform and tighten up as you cross into the Ruhr.

(Did you use a Very Light?)

Staggerwing

Coordination w/ flare:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4[/blockquote]

Nav check:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

That's the surviving bombers of  2nd wave reformed and in close formation as they cross into the Ruhr valley.

undercovergeek

Barthheart

Nav check:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bart, your formation gets spread out as it drops into the Ruhr valley. 

As your three waves cross into the Ruhr, you get six hazards.  3 are unknown, two are known flak concentrations, and one is a known concentration of searchlights.

The recon level in the Ruhr is 2, so you can remove two of the six hazards.  Decide which two you want to remove (if it's any of the unknowns, just say 1, 2, or 3).  Once that's done, spread out the remaining four hazards.  Two waves will get 1 hazard each and the other wave will get two.

Barthheart

Nav: "Oops!"
Gibson: "Eh what?!? What do you mean by Oops?"
Nav: "Ummm... the formations come a part a bit after that last waypoint. Sorry Sir."
Gibson: "Bollocks! Right, so, do we still know where we are in relation to the flak batteries the recons mapped out?"
Nav: "Yes sir."
Gibson: "Great! Would you be so kind as to steer us around that mess."
Nav: "Yes Sir."

(We'll remove the 2 flak hazards. My wave will take the 1st unknown, AJ-G, and the searchlights, AJ-P, Stagger's wave will get hazard 2 and UCG's will get hazard 3.)

Silent Disapproval Robot

OK, Stagger and UCG, decide which bomber in your formation will get the hazard.

Bart.  OK, the first unknown hazard will go to AJ-G and it's yet another map reading error.

Searchlights are a bit different in that they affect the whole wave rather than individual aircraft within a wave.

As flight leader, Gibson's crew will have to make an immediate nav check due to the searchlights. The navigator's skill is 6 but the map error gives a 1 point penalty as do the searchlights so you'll need an 8 or better on 2D6.

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope.  The rationale is that the searchlights drown them out (plus I imagine that the crews would be reluctant to mark their position when lights and possibly flak are active in close proximity.)