Today's Classic Review: Secret of the Silver Blades

Started by bayonetbrant, April 17, 2017, 02:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Played it back in the Day and thought it was good but not great. As with most of the Gold Box series, hard to beat. I remember some hot, blonde chick showed-up to help out toward the end I think and this was about the best part. I liked Curse of the Azure Bonds much more. Thanks for trip down Memory-Of-Getting-My-Ass-Kicked Lane.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

My brother and I would have probably quit the Silver Blades early, too, except we ran into a fatal bug in one of those ludicrously boring tunnels in the first third of the game.

So the game quit us instead. YET I FEEL VINDICATED NOW!  :D O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Sadly, this broke us on being able to trust the system (and the game design which was so boring for Silver Blades we were thinking of quitting anyway), so I don't recall that we ever even tried to play the finale to the Pools series (which necessarily had to be more interesting by dealing with the drow and Lloth); nor the finale of the Dragonlance trilogy which I'm pretty sure we had bought.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I never finished the 3 final games of each of the game worlds but I cheated and read the Clue Books to see what I missed. All of the games very tough to beat for that time period. Tried the Pools of Darkness again from GOG but just couldn't go back that far and enjoy it.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.