Main Menu

Mashinky

Started by MengJiao, December 01, 2018, 08:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Trains.  Trains driving into the pastel spaces of an imaginary world:

JasonPratt

I've been watching this among other new 3D 19th century train sims.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

Quote from: MengJiao on December 01, 2018, 08:12:27 PM

Trains.  Trains driving into the pastel spaces of an imaginary world:

Ahhh, quite the poet! I love me some trains.

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 01, 2018, 08:16:37 PM
I've been watching this among other new 3D 19th century train sims.

These are 19th century trains, but the game dates are in the 1930s so that's puzzling.  Anyway the signals are working:

JasonPratt

It's Soviet Russia, right? That might explain a lot. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Skoop

How do you like it, I've been watching it for a while.  I ended up going with transport fever because of the grander scale and multi eras.

MengJiao

Quote from: Skoop on December 02, 2018, 05:53:56 PM
How do you like it, I've been watching it for a while.  I ended up going with transport fever because of the grander scale and multi eras.

Yep, I think the consensus is that Transport Fever is better for lots of reasons.  There are multiple eras in Mashinky.  i haven't played Transport Fever so I don't know how they compare.

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 02, 2018, 05:31:05 PM
It's Soviet Russia, right? That might explain a lot. ;)

Supposedly it isn't soviet russia...It's not exactly Earth in the usual sense though or something.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Sounds like the latest Doctor Who episode.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 02, 2018, 09:25:12 PM
Say what?

The landscape and so on is "procedurally generated"...You can alter the parameters or build your own "world"

Gusington

Soviet Russia builds itself, then...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 03, 2018, 10:22:06 AM
Soviet Russia builds itself, then...

Or steam makes you buy it and then try to build it.  There's the Soviet Republic city builder that Steam keeps recommending to me because I've
played two games "like it" Naval Action (there's a puzzle) and Mashinky.  Luckily the Soviet republic city builder isn't coming out until q1 2019.

Gusington

What's the name of that Soviet city builder?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Not a bad game..but trains arriving at stations find it difficult to reverse, or head back to their original destinations. Very odd/bugged pathfinding.

I do like the additional layers of product...but seriously, get Open Transportation Tycoon instead. Far superior game.