What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 11, 2017, 08:36:27 AM
You'll want to grab Fury of the Bear as well in order to get the most out of the Stalingrad set.  A lot of the scenarios use components from both expansions.

SDR, do you recommend any of the other expansions in particular? Really wanted the Russian Front stuff so I might eventually get Fury of the Bear first, but I'm wondering about Normandy and Days of the Fox. I assume they're just as good and it depends more on my taste?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Days of the Fox is the lightest.  Not much in it compared to the others.  Normandy adds a campaign and some new decks but it's mostly more of the same kind you get in the base game.

Bison

Got my mounted map boards for unconditional surrender today.  I'm pretty stoked to play the game now.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: Bison on December 13, 2017, 09:26:45 PM
Got my mounted map boards for unconditional surrender today.  I'm pretty stoked to play the game now.

It's a great game. Very easy to play once you grok the combat system.

Bison

The video playthroughs I've watched have been pretty insightful about the game mechanics.  First things first, however.  I need to finish the Wilderness War campaign I've got raging across my table.  All of Canada will be speaking French if the early game results are any indication of the outcome.

Barthheart

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 14, 2017, 08:13:22 AM
All of Canada will be speaking French if the early game results are any indication of the outcome.

Excellente!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Quote from: mirth on December 14, 2017, 09:12:08 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 14, 2017, 08:13:22 AM
All of Canada will be speaking French if the early game results are any indication of the outcome.

Excellente!

The embarrassing part is that I'm commanding both armies have perfect information and cannot develop a plan to defeat the other side decisively!  I should create a house rule authorizing the French and English player to trade strategy cards...

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 13, 2017, 09:24:30 PM
Days of the Fox is the lightest.  Not much in it compared to the others.  Normandy adds a campaign and some new decks but it's mostly more of the same kind you get in the base game.

Fair enough. I won't go down that rabbit hole until I know I really enjoy the game.

I did get Fury of the Bear. It was on sale on Amazon for about $53 for a while, then suddenly today it dropped to $31. I had a bit of Amazon credit left so I thought it would be silly to pass that up, especially since you recommended it.

Bison

I'm sure it took SDRs nudging to purchase a game.  :)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on December 15, 2017, 10:12:56 PM

LOL - 1.2% SDR, 98.8% me

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 15, 2017, 10:31:17 PM

LOL - 1.2% SDR, 98.8% me

Well, you did the math right at least

Bison

Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2017, 10:34:47 PM

LOL - 1.2% SDR, 98.8% me

I also ran the math and it equaled one more game added to the unplayed but needs to be played eventually pile!  :D

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 15, 2017, 10:52:17 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2017, 10:34:47 PM

LOL - 1.2% SDR, 98.8% me

I also ran the math and it equaled one more game added to the unplayed but needs to be played eventually pile!  :D

That's advanced math.