Main Menu

Recent posts

Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Windigo - Today at 11:03:13 AM
I remember finding Gus' great great great great great great grandmother stuck in the dryer.... not casting shade, but she wasn't a quick learner apparently; she got stuck in their about 5-6 more times IIRC.

She repaid my kindness with some Маина

Modelling and Miniatures / Re: He-162 A-2 Salamander
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 10:39:20 AM
The painting isn't quite what I hoped for.

It's rough in places. I tried to hand paint that bit round the nose because it's curved...but I don't have a steady hand. Additionally, when I was doing the green, I had some overspray into the blue. So I tried to touch that up but the paint brush wasn't playing ball and - well, it was a bit of a pita...those are the reasons I don't like the painting aspect.

But I'll get the decals on and give it a dirty wash and hope that covers some of the blemishes.
Computer Gaming / Re: Upcoming SGS game "We The ...
Last post by steve58 - Today at 09:58:04 AM
Thanks all.  Gamersgate has SGS games on sale a few times a year, so I'm going to hold off on this as well.
Enigmas of the Mystical / Re: More Pix For A Laugh
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 09:01:02 AM
vroooom vrooooom
a rare Floriduh guy win.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1780380474516631844
Current Events / Re: RUSI article on Attritiona...
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Today at 07:36:05 AM
my understanding is that most of the drones and cruise missiles were shot down with Sidewinder type missiles which are relatively cheap and plentiful.
Last post by Grim.Reaper - Today at 04:55:44 AM
Quote from: devoncop on Today at 12:29:25 AM
Quote from: rss334 on Yesterday at 07:03:43 PM
Quote from: steve58 on Yesterday at 03:49:21 PMAny new thoughts on this one?  Gamersgate has it on sale for the next day for ~$10 (with code GGD).

https://www.gamersgate.com/product/sgs-we-the-people/

I had it wish listed but removed it earlier in the month when the developer announced their next game despite this one not being fully finished.  The cards and battle system did not really appeal to me either which is mainly why I removed it.   If you like the time period and ageod card type games with those types of battles I'd say can't beat it for $10 bucks, I don't think they ever released the "big" patch yet to add the rest of the gameplay (could be wrong about this). 

I am in the same boat. There was supposed to be a fully fleshed out "loyalty" mechanic for the different regions (pretty important for the War of Independence) which was first said to be "coming soon after release" and now appears to have been quietly forgotten. The SGS games are okay but ongoing support is pretty threadbare from what I have seen, sacrificed to pumping out more new games.

Yeah, that is what I have noticed and makes me hesitant for future purchases.  Seems like they have so many different titles in the pipeline, attention is quickly moved to the shiny new thing, wish they would spend more time fully realizing the potential of released games.  Regardless of that, something about the game mechanics just doesn't click with me on all the SGS games and even though I have bought quite a few, have spent very little time with them including this one.  Really do like the subjects they try and cover but slowly learning my lesson that these will never work for me.
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: He-162 A-2 Salamander
Last post by JudgeDredd - Today at 02:24:12 AM
Managed to get the green on...I think I've been sold a doozy by Vallejo - their Dark Green 71.011 is incredibly close (almost indistinguishable) to their Light Green 71.022

Anyway - next steps are protective coat, decals then wash and finally the guns and nose "pointy thing" and she's done

Current Events / Re: RUSI article on Attritiona...
Last post by FarAway Sooner - Today at 01:11:14 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 15, 2024, 12:36:11 PM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on April 15, 2024, 12:19:15 PMIt's unclear if NATO has the ability to sweep the skies of cheap and plentiful Russian drones which seem to have been revealed as among the primary enemies of maneuver warfare.

this ability was pretty much proven last night over Syria and Iraq.

It's not about performance.  It's about stamina.

More specifically, I was referring to the $1,000 artillery recce drones that have been the primary agent in thwarting massed attacks to date in Ukraine.  I'm not as worried about whether we can shoot down something like the Shaheed; I just question whether we'll run out of Patriot missiles before Iran runs out of Shaheeds.

Do we have enough fancy weapon systems to shoot down those thousands and thousands of cheap-ass drones that both sides are now using to great effect?  Or, that failing, do we have the ability to use more really cheap weapons to shoot down their even cheaper weapons.
Last post by devoncop - Today at 12:29:25 AM
Quote from: rss334 on Yesterday at 07:03:43 PM
Quote from: steve58 on Yesterday at 03:49:21 PMAny new thoughts on this one?  Gamersgate has it on sale for the next day for ~$10 (with code GGD).

https://www.gamersgate.com/product/sgs-we-the-people/

I had it wish listed but removed it earlier in the month when the developer announced their next game despite this one not being fully finished.  The cards and battle system did not really appeal to me either which is mainly why I removed it.   If you like the time period and ageod card type games with those types of battles I'd say can't beat it for $10 bucks, I don't think they ever released the "big" patch yet to add the rest of the gameplay (could be wrong about this). 

I am in the same boat. There was supposed to be a fully fleshed out "loyalty" mechanic for the different regions (pretty important for the War of Independence) which was first said to be "coming soon after release" and now appears to have been quietly forgotten. The SGS games are okay but ongoing support is pretty threadbare from what I have seen, sacrificed to pumping out more new games.
Computer Gaming / Re: Campaign Series Middle Eas...
Last post by Jason Petho - Today at 12:07:54 AM
We did a run down of the progress I've been working on CS Vietnam and CS Middle East and then dived into the Port Said scenario. The British seem to be still held up along the coast, but the French are rocking it this set of turns! We are advancing into the city from the south, but it is city fighting, so it's a pain. Many reinforcements have arrived, which is exciting as that will open up possibilities for the remainder of the scenario - especially potentially a push south. There was a valuable lesson to be learned about tanks in built up areas in this session.