Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: DCS Discussion
Last post by rss334 - Today at 02:34:16 AM
Quote from: Destraex on Today at 12:31:30 AMAll i'd want to do it take the odd navex on the default aircraft so will probably wait for the 2024 version. Do you know why microsoft decided they needed a sequel? DCS users would go mental if Eagle Dynamics decided to quit the current title and move onto another one.

Before they stopped making flightsims for a period of time it was common for them to release new versions every few years where each improved on the last.  The way the technology has advanced in the last 3 years I'm going to take a guess and say it would be easy for them to take the base code of MSFS and create a new game rather than to try to rewrite MSFS to use the new stuff. Whatever the case I look forward to the new release because at least with this series they have always been a leader in flight sims and every new release brings huge improvements that are have always been impressive.

By end of year it will been around 4 years since MSFS so given that history I don't see anything out of the norm here.  What concerns me a little is their focus on careers in the new game, while I welcome it I just hope they don't neglect other improvements trying to take the series in new direction and make a game that people did not really want.  I read somewhere that around mid-year this year they were going to start demo'ing the game as some of the conferences so if true that sounds like a Christmas launch is probably accurate.   

yeah I agree the DCS community would go apeship  ! 
Last post by Destraex - Today at 12:31:30 AM
All i'd want to do it take the odd navex on the default aircraft so will probably wait for the 2024 version. Do you know why microsoft decided they needed a sequel? DCS users would go mental if Eagle Dynamics decided to quit the current title and move onto another one.
Last post by rss334 - Today at 12:07:34 AM
QuoteAs much as I would love to get this classic aircraft eventually. I have a tonne to go through in my collection. I have the F15E and am also going to wait and see what is going on with development on that front.

DCS is too big to fail :) pretty much the only sim I play. Although I also occasionally get the itch to buy microsofts latest flight sim. Is microsoft releasing a sequel to that already?

Yeah flight simulator 2024 should coming out around end of year but no ones has a date yet.  I have flight simulator and the graphics blow away DCS, however as you know it's flight only and no combat whatever that matters to you.  I would say dcs for combat (or il2) and msfs for commercial or GA flying.  MSFS replicated your local areas well enough that combined with VR it can really trick the brain at times, I've had my stomach drop a few times making turns in the pattern it was that realistic.  Not had that with DCS yet.  There are so many "addon" aircraft now for msfs you can pretty much fly whatever you want - but man does it eat up hard-drive space (just like dcs but worse). 
Current Events / Re: Israel
Last post by JasonPratt - Yesterday at 11:52:34 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 18, 2024, 11:35:56 PMfwiw they dont have squadrons of Tomcats.

Well, y'know, container units.  :evil:
Last post by Destraex - Yesterday at 11:35:30 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 12:16:02 PMCH-47F open for preorders. Release date has been revealed too. June 26, 2024.

As much as I would love to get this classic aircraft eventually. I have a tonne to go through in my collection. I have the F15E and am also going to wait and see what is going on with development on that front.

DCS is too big to fail :) pretty much the only sim I play. Although I also occasionally get the itch to buy microsofts latest flight sim. Is microsoft releasing a sequel to that already?
Computer Gaming / Re: SGS's Battle for Hue relea...
Last post by Old TImer - Yesterday at 10:38:16 PM
Quote from: Phantom on Yesterday at 12:35:32 PM
Quote from: Old TImer on April 18, 2024, 02:25:54 PMhttps://store.steampowered.com/app/2597290/SGS_Battle_For_Hue/

While I'm not enamored with the game system particularly, the subject
matter is irresistible.  Instabuy.

I have the Western Desert WW2 game - not played it yet but curious about your doubts about the game system - anything in particular?

Well I've actually gone and re-installed Afrika Korps to re-learn the system with WAY fewer units involved than Hue.  I remember just clicking through seemingly pre-determined "battles" and turns.  Never felt like I had actual control of anything.  I'm going to redouble my efforts to learn the system because the Battle of Hue is MASSIVE, looks intriguing and could be really good.  If I can just figure things out.  I'd be interested in your opinion of AK if you put some time into it.
Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 09:32:40 PM
^Wow that guy is pissed.
Last post by rss334 - Yesterday at 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: Skoop on April 18, 2024, 12:47:02 PMHow much do you want to delve into the dcs editor? 

There's some dynamic based mission templates out there, you can download them on the dcs site.

There's also the liberation campaign that works like a 3rd party app. 

The pretense campaign seems pretty good, the dev just announced he's quitting dcs though.

Thanks, its been a couple years since opening the editor but I was unaware of dynamic based ones.  Also tried liberation years back and just too much to setup and figure out to get it to run like I was expecting, I think at the time I tried it ww2 was just a thing with it so maybe it's all changed recently and it's much more straigh forward.
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Yesterday at 07:02:30 PM
just gonna leave this here....

:ROFL:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781377432638959845
Current Events / Re: South China Sea Heats Up
Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 06:48:11 PM
Just in time.