Is anyone on these boards a vegan?

Started by JudgeDredd, February 09, 2018, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Daroc on March 25, 2018, 03:27:12 PM
Vegetarian - is Am. Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

The name for gluten and sugar free is compost.

If God wanted us to be Vegetarian He would have made broccoli fun to shoot.
Have you shot broccoli? Seeing it's little green florets fly all over the place with a well placed 5.56 is pretty cool.
Alba gu' brath

Daroc

Actually shooting things and watching them fly into lil bits is it's own fun.

Sir Slash

If cows were made of Broccoli, there would be no hamburgers.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 13, 2018, 11:39:06 AM
Yes, JD I eat fruit also but love a late night snack while laughing at Grog-Humor and a cold glass of milk. Thus, Sugar-less snacks.
I'm diabetic too. Check out ALDI who do a good range of sugar free sweets, including sherbets. They are some of the best sugar free sweets I have tasted and are at around 2-12 calories each depending on what you choose. That all said, I also keep a bag of ordinary sweets in the car to make sure my blood sugar isn't low when I drive!
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Well done JD. I like my veg, but I also like all the other things that would get in the way of me being vegetarian, and more so vegan.

I really respect what you're doing, and am very impressed at your self control. With my love of a bacon, or sausage sarnie, I don't think I'd have your self discipline.

Good luck with it. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JudgeDredd

So I've been a vegan now for 10 weeks or so and...

Well first off I can probably say this with a degree of certainty - I doubt very much I'd be vegan if my wife wasn't looking after me from a food perspective. I'd probably be vegetarian but probably not vegan.

My meals in general are fine. I'm finding vegan things for lunch and if I find myself in a pinch, there's always soup. Breakfast is normally beans on toast - but that's not much of a change from when I wasn't a vegan...that was pretty much my breakfast. The difference obviously is not using alot of butter (I used to have ALOT of butter on my toast (well - everything))

I fell very, very healthy. I feel very fit and my cycling has improved considerably...I'm doing alot more riding than I have done in previous years.

I've never eaten so much fruit and veg and to top all that off, I'm 15lbs lighter  O0

So far - all good and I see no reason for me to abandon what I'm doing.  O0
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

The first question lots of people ask is "So, what do you eat?" - I should mention I would also ask that question.

Well consider it answered...

Beetroot, radish, orange pepper, spinach, tomato and Piri Piri Houmous. It was delicious. Very fresh and full of taste.  O0

Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Looks good.

You should get some tempeh and let it marinade overnight in something used for meat or chicken, then fry/grill/bake it up and use it in place of meat on your sandwich.

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/articles/575-what-is-tempeh
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Hofstadter

I'd love to use tempeh but it's so expensive. Woolies has it, 300 grams from 7 bucks. Get bent
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Staggerwing

Yeah, it is a little pricey but you wouldn't have it every day, just occasionally. Here in my supermarket it runs about $3-4 per 8 oz packet.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

I haven't heard of Tempeh. I'm not too keen on the texture of Tofu so stay away from it really.
Alba gu' brath

mirth

What have you tried for fake meat products? There are some good ones available.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus