What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

#1: Battle of Lech is judged most righteous.

#2: What sort of play space do you have to manage Midway at that scale??!!
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Quote from: Cyrano on July 30, 2017, 03:31:48 PM
#1: Battle of Lech is judged most righteous.

I wish I had taken more/better pics. The battle on the right that isn't shown was pretty cool. The Swedes were in some neat looking fortifications and the Imperials had a heck of a time trying to take them. They actually broke in with one Tercio, but it got hammered on the way in and couldn't hold the position.

I think one of the other guys took better pics. If I get them, I'll post them.

#2: What sort of play space do you have to manage Midway at that scale??!!

We're not actually putting the ships on the table the whole time.  For Coral Sea, we did a double-blind game where both sides had a map for plotting ship movement and air searches. The GMs had a master map that showed everything for both sides. We'd put minis on the table once contact was made. Sometimes it was just a few planes fighting it out as CAP intercepted snoopers, etc.

For the big air strikes, we had two tables that were roughly 6x10'. We'd put down a formation of ships and then have the strike come in. The CAP would try to intercept. The ships would try to evade and we'd fight out the battle.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 30, 2017, 08:51:42 AM
Going to round the corners?

Manually cut?  Same end result:  No Talibeard corners.  No unruly cardboard pube-fuzz.  :bd:

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on July 30, 2017, 02:16:30 PM
The Midway set was $100. Those planes in the pic are some extras I picked up. After the Coral Sea game, we found we were short on planes. The plane counters from Topside are meant to represent squadrons. The General Quarters rules use flights of three, so we didn't have nearly enough to represent all the flights. A couple weeks ago, I did an order of just planes (you can order individuals of anything). I'm just now getting them mounted though.

We're probably going to do Midway and/or Santa Cruz sometime in the fall, so we won't be short planes again.

Geeze... let me know when you do the Midway game , I'd be tempted to come down and play.

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on July 30, 2017, 06:45:24 PM
The Midway set was $100. Those planes in the pic are some extras I picked up. After the Coral Sea game, we found we were short on planes. The plane counters from Topside are meant to represent squadrons. The General Quarters rules use flights of three, so we didn't have nearly enough to represent all the flights. A couple weeks ago, I did an order of just planes (you can order individuals of anything). I'm just now getting them mounted though.

We're probably going to do Midway and/or Santa Cruz sometime in the fall, so we won't be short planes again.

Geeze... let me know when you do the Midway game , I'd be tempted to come down and play.

I'll keep you advised. You could crash at my place.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on July 30, 2017, 06:48:46 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 30, 2017, 06:45:24 PM

I'll keep you advised. You could crash at my place.

Deal it sounds like a blast. :bd:

bbmike

^Or the beginning of a horror movie.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

I can speak some French so I can get by.

mirth

bbmike

I was thinking "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

bob48

Quote from: bbmike on July 30, 2017, 07:05:08 PM
I was thinking "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

English bed-wetting type.................
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on July 30, 2017, 06:09:35 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 30, 2017, 08:51:42 AM
Going to round the corners?

Manually cut?  Same end result:  No Talibeard corners.  No unruly cardboard pube-fuzz.  :bd:

I've been getting special plastic pube-fuzz to stick on things.  The smallest size might work on the largest Spartan Phallanxes maybe.

mirth

Arrived today - early war Pacific scenario book

BanzaiCat

I just put Patton's Best down on my gaming table.

I bought it on 10 November 1988. I only know that because of some papers in the box - apparently I was writing a letter to AH inquiring about a couple of games to purchase, but the catalog was nearly a year and a half old and I wasn't sure if it was still good or not. I have no idea why I'd tell them when I bought it. Not that it matters since I obviously never sent it off.