The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Armored frickin' trains!! For those alone I will give RuS the old college try. Wound up not buying Panthers in the Fog yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

You can get an Armored Train fix in multiple games.
European Theater - Order of Battle WW2.
Strategic Command WW1 - The Russian Revolution scenario has lots.

I'm using one in the USSR in PanzerKreig because they are much more resistant to damage than Arty.  If the train lines run where your objectives are - they are much faster than Arty.  They are darn useful units and they cost half the command points (2 vs 4) than arty with a hauler.

Gusington

I've actually played the Strategic Command WWI game - but not the Russian Revolution scenario. And I just bought PanzerKrieg for Order of Battle...how's the scripting in those DLCs? Less noticeable? Is there more flexibility?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I find the AI to be reasonably challenging.  On even medium difficulty you will have a tough time winning.  The AI still excels at encircling you and still does not script to really concentrate forces and hammer away.

JasonPratt

For anyone who doesn't have it yet, Company of Heroes 2 is on sale at Steam until Monday for $0.00 in US dollars. ;)

In other words, it's a free permanent download for a limited time. Not sure why. (But the game has a number of microtransactions, which it was infamous for introducing into the game system's design.)

The non-micro-transaction DLC and expansions (it has both) for CoH2 are up to 91% off as well. I picked up my remaining pieces a few minutes ago -- the British standalone campaign and three British focus sets, for just over $4.00.

Despite some problems, CoH2 is still a decent game, probably as good as CoH1 (and its expansions) on the balance, improved in some ways, corrupted in some others.  :P I know some people who prefer it to CoH1.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

^and like CoH1, it has tons of mods...some of which, are exceptional.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition : $ 12 or 11.99 €  (-76%)  (base game + Horizons DLC)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/475180/Elite_Dangerous_Commander_Pack/

JasonPratt

Winter sale still going on at GoG! -- with special deals every 24 (or 12?) hours.

Remastered Full Throttle is being given away for free, and buying literally anything will instantly add Fantasy General. (Which I can confirm works on Win 8.1, from when I bought it earlier. Relatedly, I now have an extra code for Fantasy General that I don't need, so...   ^-^ )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

I did not find that Fantasy General held up well over time when I replayed it two years ago.

Toonces

Man alive there are some seriously good deals in that sale.   :o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

airboy

I'll third that, the www.gog.com winter sale is a good sale.

Tpek

Quote from: airboy on December 16, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
I'll third that, the www.gog.com winter sale is a good sale.

I'm waiting for that Steam Winter/Christmas sale that is supposed to be just around the corner (this Thursday).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on December 16, 2018, 11:46:38 AM
^FAKE NEWS

Keep telling yourself that buddy, maybe your bank account will feel better.

https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

These guys are rarely (if ever) wrong.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd