Starship Corporation

Started by undercovergeek, October 17, 2012, 07:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tpek

Looks really interesting.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I am kinda reminded of those old Star Trek Ship Creator games (if anyone here remembers them).

GDS_Starfury

Im not clear if its a ship boarding game or a ship to ship game with a boarding element.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 17, 2012, 08:39:37 PM
Im not clear if its a ship boarding game or a ship to ship game with a boarding element.

I got the impression it was an Trader-style game, like the Port Royale series since their site mentioned that as a focus.

... and nice Avatar Starfury.  :D

Arctic Blast

Looks like a trading/combat type game combined with a much more fleshed out FTL.

I'm certainly interested.

GDS_Starfury

thanks Nef!

a starship design game sounds dicey to me.
to many variables and ship types that are universe specific.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

steve58

...arise dead thread.

So it seems Starship Corporation has been early access released on Steam.

Looks interesting...

Here's a ship design vid.  Game play also includes Crew and AI Tactics, Ship Building, and Trading.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

PanzersEast

I bet Jarhead already has it  :D

PE

Jarhead0331

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 29, 2016, 01:25:10 PM
I bet Jarhead already has it  :D

PE

I do. I'm impressed with what little I have seen.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

I sometimes wonder if there's any interesting game that he doesn't have... :D

OJsDad

There's a big difference between owning and having time to play. 

Plus, wait until his daughter discovers shoe and clothes shopping, that'll cut into his game purchases, a little ;)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

Quote from: OJsDad on April 29, 2016, 02:32:05 PM
There's a big difference between owning and having time to play. 

Plus, wait until his daughter discovers shoe and clothes shopping, that'll cut into his game purchases, a little ;)

Nah, that's when you send Mom out for a little daughter/mommy time. I'm always recruiting my daughters in law to go shopping with my wife  8)

sandman2575

I'm really intrigued by this -- looks like it has the potential to be something really special -- although a little wary at jumping in at the Alpha stage. (Only $18, I know.)

Nefaro

Quote from: OJsDad on April 29, 2016, 02:32:05 PM

Ohhhh!

I think OJ just put the Imelda Marcos Curse on JH!

>:D